Taxation without representation, home ownership and other forms of taxes.

Zlaxer

Re: Taxation without representation, home ownership and other forms of taxes.

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:37 am
I never said they were going to follow my advice, I just said it would benefit them if they did. I don't think you grasp the nature of America, it's light years ahead of the competition and you think the sky is falling.

One more time - the point of my post was to mock the futility of stating that.

Everyone knows it would benefit leftist shithole states to reduce taxes. But anyone with at least one firing brain cell knows they won’t do the same bc their goal is not a free economy. Ergo, its pointless say what they should do.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:23 pm

brewster wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:59 pm
Fife wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:16 pm
Art Laffer and Paul Krugman are two dumbassed federal reserve peas in a pod.
Stupid assholes gonna stupid asshole, who knew?
Tax cuts to raise revenue really don't have much to do with Fed policy. Laffer was wrong, supply side was wrong. It never trickled down, the top quintile has gained tremendously since Reagan and everyone else has been lucky not to lose ground. Earnings have been flat. The entire theory is wrong, what Krugman calls 'Zombie Economics', the theory so attractive to those who benefit it simply won't die. It was wrong for Reagan, it was wrong for Bush, it was wrong for Kansas, just fucking wrong.

TC wants the benefits of living in a high tax state, good jobs and services, without paying for them. He doesn't want to move his family to a low tax state. Neither would I, but I don't bitch about it. He could, but he'd rather complain he's not getting his free lunch.
50% of my income is gone before I see it then I pay another 6% on top of that with whatever I buy after being taxed when I get paid, what am I seeing out of those taxes? As far as I can tell, we have some of the worst infrastructure upkeep in the country, our schools are some of the most expensive in the world, and we have one party political system which is destroying the social fabric of what it means to be a family, never mind an American.

What I want is something in where we see our money being used for it's original purpose.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:24 pm

So what you are saying is that your bragging about "six figure salaries" means fuck all because you live in one of the highest cost of living markets in the world, and your salary would be about on par with any other lower middle class employee outside the shitdump cities.

If you are losing 60% of your income to various taxes, then you are making the equivalent of about 60k in Tennessee. Except in Tennessee you can get a nice house without exceeding a 1200 mortgage payment.

Living in Boston sucks ass. I'd never take a software engineering job in a market like that. Probably half my net salary (after the +50% taxes) would be lost just on mortgage and my commute costs. I'd rather work outside the big cities for half the salary because it's a fuck ton better quality of life and economic freedom at the end of the day.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:32 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:23 pm
brewster wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:59 pm
Fife wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:16 pm
Art Laffer and Paul Krugman are two dumbassed federal reserve peas in a pod.
Stupid assholes gonna stupid asshole, who knew?
Tax cuts to raise revenue really don't have much to do with Fed policy. Laffer was wrong, supply side was wrong. It never trickled down, the top quintile has gained tremendously since Reagan and everyone else has been lucky not to lose ground. Earnings have been flat. The entire theory is wrong, what Krugman calls 'Zombie Economics', the theory so attractive to those who benefit it simply won't die. It was wrong for Reagan, it was wrong for Bush, it was wrong for Kansas, just fucking wrong.

TC wants the benefits of living in a high tax state, good jobs and services, without paying for them. He doesn't want to move his family to a low tax state. Neither would I, but I don't bitch about it. He could, but he'd rather complain he's not getting his free lunch.
50% of my income is gone before I see it then I pay another 6% on top of that with whatever I buy after being taxed when I get paid, what am I seeing out of those taxes? As far as I can tell, we have some of the worst infrastructure upkeep in the country, our schools are some of the most expensive in the world, and we have one party political system which is destroying the social fabric of what it means to be a family, never mind an American.

What I want is something in where we see our money being used for it's original purpose.
Moving next door to NH which is the 5th lowest would only save you 2.34% in tax. You're barking up the wrong tree, apparently because it feelz good to beat your ideology drum more than having a practical better solution. BTW, GOP administrations never make the government smaller, they just shift the money stream from poor people to rich people. Taxes in NJ did not go down a bit in 8 years of Christie.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 pm

In my experience, the low tax states (in most cases) are a scam in several ways. They may have no income tax, but they play games with property and sales taxes that are unacceptable. Then they financialize everything, including the criminal justice system. Florida, for example, is really what's called a prison state. They made a business out of subjecting citizens to excessive criminalization and imprisonment to profit their corporate prison donor class.

There's a balance to be had.

Tennessee, as far as those things go, is a pretty good option, but for how long as their cities continue to be colonized by Yankees?

I think TC's problem is that he is ungrateful as fuck. This guy has no meaningful education. He has no practical experience at anything. He somehow gets a run of the mill job in IT which he should be thankful for. But he's not happy because he thinks his "six figure salary" should mean the same thing it would to somebody living in North Carolina. No. He's got a decent lower middle class job and he gets paid commensurate with that role. The number might be "six figures", but he lives in fucking Boston. It's like making 60k in North Carolina.

He's actually not getting screwed at all. He just lives in a shitty place (and it has nothing to do with the taxes, but with the people).

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Where urbanites, in my opinion, truly get fucked is in the real estate prices and rent to live in a modest home. I don't really know why it has to be so fucking awful. Brewster mentioned the rent controls and property restrictions. I dunno. But that part sucks.

THE RENT IS TOO DAMNED HIGH

edit:

holy fuck, fam. Go to Zillow and look at the housing prices in Boston. I bet most people who own a house are on a 30 year mortgage. :shock:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/14-V ... 0163_zpid/

A literal tiny house (700 sq feet) for 276k. LOL

Property tax: $194/mo

Now look at what you can get in Knoxvegas for 159k:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2625 ... 4885_zpid/

property tax: $93/mo

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 pm
Now look at what you can get in Knoxvegas for 159k:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2625 ... 4885_zpid/

property tax: $93/mo
Either they allow development to meet demand or the demand is not what it is to live in Boston. I'm guessing the latter. My BiL lives in Boston in a neighborhood that I would call suburban. Large unattached houses, big yards, big parks. It's close to a transit line. You can bet yur ass that neighborhood fights any proposals to increase density tooth and nail! THAT'S why Boston is expensive. People think they have the right to have their neighborhood never change, except for their property values quadrupling.

Houston and Atlanta are cheap because they're the poster children of unrestricted suburban sprawl rather than density, and all the long commutes, traffic and other negatives that brings. But it's cheap.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am
StCapps wrote:
I never said they were going to follow my advice, I just said it would benefit them if they did. I don't think you grasp the nature of America, it's light years ahead of the competition and you think the sky is falling.

Everyone knows it would benefit leftist shithole states to reduce taxes. But anyone with at least one firing brain cell knows they won’t do the same bc their goal is not a free economy. Ergo, its pointless say what they should do.
Your point is not important to the point I am making, and never was. You just have a knee jerk tendency to chastise everyone for not being as big of a SIFCLF as yourself and always think doom and gloom is the only point worth talking about. You're MHF Eeyore.
*yip*

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:51 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:13 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am
StCapps wrote:

Your point is not important to the point I am making, and never was. You just have a knee jerk tendency to chastise everyone for not being as big of a SIFCLF as yourself and always think doom and gloom is the only point worth talking about. You're MHF Eeyore.
:lol:

Hmm....why don't you poll the forum as to whether collectivists communist states will reduces taxes or crash and burn...make sure there's a third option...for shit n' giggles.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:05 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:13 pm
You're MHF Eeyore.
Lulz.

So tru. Eeyorxer
Nec Aspera Terrent