Who was the biggest arsehole?

who was the biggest arsehole

you, you could have simply said no thanks or lied and said you'd already paid to avoid confrontation
15%
car driver, he was in the wrong and shouldn't have got abusive
8%
stander by, it was none of his business and he resorted to raising his voice and insults
No votes
you weren't an arsehole at all you could both have been fined heavily
8%
fuck the state fuck roads and fuck paying for car parking
23%
I think you were right but I'm voting you 'cos I want your dick
No votes
fuck off with your attention seeking poll, only Nuke should be allowed to make attention seeking polls, Nuke's polls are best polls.
46%
Even Hash gets more votes than your stupid poll
No votes
chicken fuckers the lot of you
No votes

Total votes: 13

Montegriffo

Who was the biggest arsehole?

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:10 am

So, I had to go into town to go to the bank today. There's a very convenient council-run pay and display car park right by the high street which costs £1.20 for an hour's stay.
I was standing in front of the machine when a car drove up (the wrong way around the one-way system), bibbing his horn and waving a ticket.
He offered it to me saying ''it's got 20 minutes on it''.
I replied ''you know that's illegal don't you?''
He said ''is it?''
I said ''of course it is it says non-transferable on it''
He then got abusive and started calling me names so I bought a ticket and walked back to my car without responding.
A bystander sitting on a barrier then joined in saying ''he's only trying to help'' to which I replied ''theft is still theft''.
''he was trying to give it to you that's not stealing''
''yes it is it's stealing from the car park operators'' ( de-frauding the taxpayer).
He then started getting abusive so I turned my back, put the ticket in my car and headed into town. He continued arguing with me and I put my case politely without raising my voice.
The car driver was now exiting at the same time as me and asked ''are you the police?'' I said I might be and he told me to piss off and sped off in a hurry.
The bystander continued to shout ''some people are just arseholes he was only trying to be nice''. As I walked away.

So who was the biggest arsehole, bearing in mind there were cameras everywhere and both myself and the car driver could have faced fines of up to £100.
I stayed calm throughout while the other two both got heated and resorted to swearing and insults.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Re: Who was the biggest arsehole?

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:43 am

Ah, I see Fife has voted.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:18 am

I don't understand why it's not transferable if time has been paid. This trend of making something you bought not resalable, usually some IP, is pretty evil. I often pull into a spot with an old fashioned coin parking meter with time still on it. Newer ones have sensors to reset when a car pulls out, but on the old ones its just gravy if there's still time.

Driver should have just fucking taken no for an answer and moved on.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 am

No doubt he was an undercover meter maid trying to collect more revenue for the state so they can finally start prosecuting the Asian prostitution rings plaguing the island.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:23 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:43 am
Ah, I see Fife has voted.

Of course, I don't vote.

But if was to offer an opinion, rest assured it would be something along the lines of fuck these hoe-ass roads (or parking meters as the case may be).

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:09 am

brewster wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:18 am
I don't understand why it's not transferable if time has been paid. This trend of making something you bought not resalable, usually some IP, is pretty evil. I often pull into a spot with an old fashioned coin parking meter with time still on it. Newer ones have sensors to reset when a car pulls out, but on the old ones its just gravy if there's still time.

Driver should have just fucking taken no for an answer and moved on.
The car park is not expensive though and if the car park doesn't make enough money to cover the running costs it will just be redeveloped and parking will become much more difficult damaging the already suffering high street.
If cars could park all day for free then spaces would be harder to find, again hitting the high street which the council has a duty to protect.
Traffic wardens are universally hated for handing out tickets but people would soon miss them if they disappeared and short term parking became very different. This encourages public transport or cycling for commuters and encourages high street shopping.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:09 am
If cars could park all day for free then spaces would be harder to find,
But that's not what's going on here, they're trying to get paid twice for the same spot by forbidding transfer. It's not much different in principal from saying you can't sell your books to anyone.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:59 am

brewster wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:38 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:09 am
If cars could park all day for free then spaces would be harder to find,
But that's not what's going on here, they're trying to get paid twice for the same spot by forbidding transfer. It's not much different in principal from saying you can't sell your books to anyone.
Fair enough but the price is for one car and up to an hour. If the ticket was transferable then presumably the price would just go up for everyone to cover the shortfall.
Either way, the way that he drove at excessive speed, the wrong way around the car park, bibbing his horn was dangerous and anti-social.
Noise is pollution too, especially for a country boy like me used to the sound of birdsong and the occasional far off tractor so that is probably what made me ungrateful for his well-motivated but morally and legally wrong offer.
I'm prepared to admit I was an arsehole but I don't think I was the biggest arsehole of the 3 of us.
I might change my vote to the bystander since he was a complete arsehole and morally and legally wrong at the same time.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:33 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 am
No doubt he was an undercover meter maid trying to collect more revenue for the state so they can finally start prosecuting the Asian prostitution rings plaguing the island.
Glad I didn't fall for that one then.
The state's persecution of innocent, peace-loving, fully integrated, Muslims has gone too far and they should concentrate on catching more of the sexually deviant, hate preaching Catholic Priests and sending all their radical followers back to where they came from.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:33 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 am
Glad I didn't fall for that one then.
The state's persecution of innocent, peace-loving, fully integrated, Muslims has gone too far and they should concentrate on catching more of the sexually deviant, hate preaching Catholic Priests and sending all their radical followers back to where they came from.
Once I'm back in God's grace I'm going to pray for you and all the innocent souls on that heretic island