So my wife and daughter are having it out.

DrYouth

So my wife and daughter are having it out.

Post by DrYouth » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:24 pm

My daughter is almost 15 and she is going through her "attitude" phase.

My wife never went through an attitude phase as a teenager, because her parents were too authoritarian and she tried to please them.

So this has been a real gong show for the last month.

My daughter has been hanging around the house, because she is basically a loner right now... picking fights with her mom... who is slowly descending into a form of madness.

Oh well... good thing I have lots of connections in the mental health field if push comes to shove.

And... luckily I have a unique form of optimism based on seeing much worse scenarios every day of my working life.

Puts things into perspective.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Re: So my wife and daughter are having it out.

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:33 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:24 pm

My wife never went through an attitude phase as a teenager, because her parents were too authoritarian and she tried to please them.

My daughter has been hanging around the house, because she is basically a loner right now... picking fights with her mom... who is slowly descending into a form of madness.

Oh well... good thing I have lots of connections in the mental health field if push comes to shove.

And... luckily I have a unique form of optimism based on seeing much worse scenarios every day of my working life.

Can't you just sedate the pair of them with drugs for a quiet life?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:32 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:33 pm
Can't you just sedate the pair of them with drugs for a quiet life?
Hmmmmmmmm......
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:57 pm

The one positive aspect of passive-aggressive rebellion is that it’s invisible & silent (but worse).
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:43 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:57 pm
The one positive aspect of passive-aggressive rebellion is that it’s invisible & silent (but worse).
The weird thing is that they are both rebelling.
The daughter against the mother and the mother against her passive nurturing role...
It's messy.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:43 am

So did you slip trazadone in their Thai food last night?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:44 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:43 am
So did you slip trazadone in their Thai food last night?
I probably should have...

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:46 am

DrYouth wrote:

Yo dog. You just need to boss up on these hoes.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:56 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:46 am
Yo dog. You just need to boss up on these hoes.
It's like watching a combat sport.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:34 am

DrYouth wrote:

I've been going through something similar and is just about to come out on the other side by the looks of things. (Knock on wood)
Hikikomori/NEET/Hemmasittare(swe), call it what you want. We appear to have nipped it in the butt. We were lucky to have some close friends who's going through it and could offer advice, great school personnel who handled it with expertise and proper counselling provided by our municipality health care. She's been attending school without problems and is meeting friends in person regularly now since the beginning of the semester. We keep our fingers crossed. She has a lot of catching up to do.
And I used to scoff at people with older offspring when they told me. "Small children - small problems. Big children - big problems."

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck