TheReal_ND

Astartes

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:31 pm

Astartes part IV is out.

In cased you missed it

TheReal_ND

Re: Astartes

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:37 pm

GAMES WORKSHOP AND FRANK SPOTNITZ TO CREATE LIVE-ACTION WARHAMMER 40,000 TV SERIES.
Games Workshop and Big Light Productions jointly announced today development of Eisenhorn, a live-action science-fiction and fantasy television series. Frank Spotnitz (The Man in the High Castle, The X-Files) will act as both showrunner and Executive Producer on the series, which will be based on the wildly popular Warhammer 40,000 games, miniatures and novels.
Mixed feelings about this as I just got into the Warhammer40k universe. Rather, just the lore, audiobooks and novels. Haven't played it. I'm hoping this doesn't blow it up and get pozed to death by sjdoublejews.

Key take-aways
  • Dan Abnett is one of the best authors in 40k. I'm currently reading Eisenhorn and have read some of his Gaunt's Ghosts series.

Frank Spotzniz did X-Files which is classic TV. He's a good match for the Eisenhorn story which is more of a detective, grim dark thriller.

The fact that it's more of a detective story makes this a good starting point for people new to the giant Warhammer40k universe because the story is simply based in the universe. You don't have to understand anything about it to enjoy the story. Maybe a few things like, what the Inquisitors are and what the Emperium and Chaos are.
Hopefully Niggerflix doesn't get their greasy paws on this.

You can search YouTube for a few good takes from Arch Warhammer and Luetin09

what is co3

Montegriffo

Re: Astartes

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:03 pm

sjdoublejews
:)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.