Personal Blog

Fife

Re: Personal Blog

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:27 am

I'm at the lake this weekend, and it's going to be in the low to mid 80s by dusk....

but I think I'll still fire up my propane patio heater for a while just to increase the CO2 in the air in order to attract more victims to my pair of 75-watt Mother Of All Bug-Zappers.

I'll hoist a shitty American brew in your honor as the light show starts up, Montez.

It will be as good as the 4th of July up in here.

:goteam: :drunk:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:59 pm

California wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:57 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:48 am
Ph64 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:47 pm

No, you and I will pay. The polluter will just pass the costs on to the consumer, plus some.
They'll still get rich, you'll be even poorer.
Good. The consumer should take responsibility for the pollution they cause and pay the cost.
This will encourage companies to improve their production methods in order to undercut the competition.

It will also encourage consumers to make better decisions about what they buy.

You can use as many plastic straws as you want but they'll be a dollar each.
99 cents per straw can be spent on removing discarded plastics from the environment.

Want to sit on your deck in cold weather burning propane with a patio heater?
No problem, you will have to purchase a patio heater licence every year though.

Or you could put a bloody coat on and drink your beverages straight from a glass like a fucking adult.
Holy fuck, people actually think like this?
It is the only way to think.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:59 pm

But don't anybody dare call you a totalitarian. LOL

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:15 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

It's the future. You need to come to terms with it.
I'm guessing that you're not the sort of rampant consumer that will be hardest hit anyway.
If you ever get your homestead together you won't need any of that junk.
You will recycle everything you can and use things until they wear out because it makes sense, not because some eco-fascist like me tells you to.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:53 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:31 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

I'm guessing that you're not the sort of rampant consumer that will be hardest hit anyway.
You will recycle everything you can and use things until they wear out because it makes sense, not because some eco-fascist like me tells you to.
If everyone will do it voluntarily then no need for big government power grabs and/or ridiculous sin taxes for behavior you don't like.

If it sells itself, no need to tax people to help sell it, try spending the taxes you already have on your pet projects, instead of demanding more, as if taxes aren't high enough. If it sells itself, the government doesn't need to intervene, because the free market will take care of it.

You should tell the fake environmentalists to knock that shit off, because it's hurting their pitch. If their only solution to environmental issues is to raise taxes to pay for central planning boondoggles, they lose every sane rational person who otherwise might be sympathetic to the cause. Time to ditch the baggage that is the albatross around the environmental movements neck.

Unfortunately a large chunk of the environmental movement thinks that wearing the albatross around it's neck is the whole point, and if you tell them to take it off, they'll simply claim you don't care about the environment. Time to talk some sense into those faggots Montegriffo, they are holding you back from achieving your stated goals.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:57 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:53 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

If everyone will do it voluntarily then no need for big government power grabs and/or ridiculous sin taxes for behavior you don't like.

If it sells itself, no need to tax people to help sell it, try spending the taxes you already have on your pet projects, instead of demanding more, as if taxes aren't high enough. If it sells itself, the government doesn't need to intervene, because the free market will take care of it.

You should tell the fake environmentalists to knock that shit off, because it's hurting their pitch. If their only solution to environmental issues is to raise taxes to pay for central planning boondoggles, they lose every sane rational person who otherwise might be sympathetic to the cause. Time to ditch the baggage that is the albatross around the environmental movements neck.

Unfortunately a large chunk of the environmental movement thinks that wearing the albatross around it's neck is the whole point, and if you tell them to take it off, they'll simply claim you don't care about the environment. Time to talk some sense into those faggots Montegriffo, they are holding you back from achieving your stated goals.
Yeah, and if no one committed crime we wouldn't need a police force man....

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:22 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:57 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:53 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Yeah, and if no one committed crime we wouldn't need a police force man....
So that shit doesn't sell itself, and you need a police force to make sure it does. Insist on wearing that albatross, don't say I didn't warn you about it undercutting your cause and making it harder to sell.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 am

Indifference to the environmental damage being committed is a crime.
Next, you will tell me you oppose fines for littering.
People should just know that dumping trash in the streets is wrong and if you need to police it then it can't sell itself.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:00 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 am
Indifference to the environmental damage being committed is a crime.
Next, you will tell me you oppose fines for littering.
People should just know that dumping trash in the streets is wrong and if you need to police it then it can't sell itself.
Indifference to environmental damage being committed is not a crime, nor should it be. That shit doesn't sell.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 am