CMag
7%
Hwen
7%

Total votes: 15

Ex-California

Re: Who is the Biggest Narc on Here?

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:31 am

Licensing is always a problem. No one needs the government to give you permission to run a business.

The "street price" staying the same is just one "cartel" passing it to the legal mafia/cartel that is the government. Those ghouls have to take a cut of everything.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:46 am

Holy fuck. What part of this escapes your drug-addled mind, you retarded Yankee?

The state of California has no financial incentive to limit the number of hair salons. They just want to license it as a basic revenue collection scheme. That sucks, but it is an entirely different world of fucked up in the weed market.

The way they have those enormous taxes structured, their interest -- and it is probably to the tune of hundreds of millions if not more, annually -- is to drastically limit supply in order to drive up prices, and utterly crush "non-approved" competitors.

That is a narcotics cartel you fucking pothead.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:18 am

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:01 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:46 am
Holy fuck. What part of this escapes your drug-addled mind, you retarded Yankee?

The state of California has no financial incentive to limit the number of hair salons. They just want to license it as a basic revenue collection scheme. That sucks, but it is an entirely different world of fucked up in the weed market.

The way they have those enormous taxes structured, their interest -- and it is probably to the tune of hundreds of millions if not more, annually -- is to drastically limit supply in order to drive up prices, and utterly crush "non-approved" competitors.

That is a narcotics cartel you fucking pothead.
Holy fuck

I'm not disagreeing with you that this is happening with drugs. Decriminalization works better than legalization

But, this is exactly how licensing works in all industries. Licensing and regulation crushes non-approved competition. Period. The state may not have an interest in limiting the number of hair salons, but requiring licensing, small business tax registration, and all of the other fees and nonsense limits the amount of people who can start their own businesses. Government is a mafia-style protection scheme
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:11 am

Decriminalize everything. https://ij.org/issues/economic-liberty/

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:27 am

That is not how it fucking works. I just got my hair cut by a pretty little lady down the road. There are literally six places to get my hair cut in a three mile radius. Prices are low as fuck, starting at the basement price of $7 at Barber Stan's joint in local strip mall (but Barber Stan does not have attractive tits brushing against me or give me a hot towel massage so fuck that guy).

There is no haircut cartel. Listen to yourself.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:52 am

Wait, you still got hair?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:57 am

Fife wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:52 am
I have the same hairline I had when I was 10

But it is salt and pepper bordering on full grey

And I'm not even 40 yet

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:59 am

I blame the state's cartel for my baldness.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:10 am

Fife wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:52 am
Hell, yeah, bitch. I keep it shaved short on the side so that I continue to look like I am in my thirties. I still have a good five to ten years left of banging the young ladies before I retire.