Total votes: 15

heydaralon

Re: Who is the Biggest Narc on Here?

Post by heydaralon » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:00 am
heydaralon wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:44 am
These fuckers are always trying to get me to stop toking up and its not cool man because I need this shit to focus and for school.
So calling StA a Big Nanny bc he wants to outlaw weed gets you on the NARC list?
Only a narc would be worried about some poll bro. If you are truly cool you need to let me and the brothers know by posting a picture of you toking up on your instagram hashtag ultimate frisbee dude.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:38 pm

A chilled out StA would be a nice improvement.
Has anyone got access to his protein shakes?
I'll donate the hash...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:40 pm

I voted Milspecs because she's always so gracious when she wins a poll.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:55 am
I am talking about the scientific fact that fully 13% of our schizophrenia sufferers have it because of abuse of marijuana and a significant increase in the rates of psychosis.
Reports have shown a staggering increase in cannabis-related emergency department (ED) visits in recent years. In 2011, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) estimated a total of 1.25 million illicit-drug–related ED visits across the US, of which 455,668 were marijuana related.2 A similar report published in 2015 by the Washington Poison Center Toxic Trends Report showed a dramatic increase in cannabis-related ED visits.3 In states with recent legalization of recreational cannabis, similar trends were seen.4

States with medicinal marijuana have also shown a dramatic rise in cannabis-related ED visits. Moreover, states where marijuana is still illegal also showed increases.5 This widespread increase is postulated to be in part due to the easy accessibility of the drug, which contributes to over-intoxication and subsequent symptoms. Overall, from 2005 to 2011, there has been a dramatic rise in cannabis-related ED visits among all age groups and genders.
https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/substa ... sis-review

If you can't get your head out of that drug's influence to see this is the very reason why we even have narcotic schedules, then you probably need to be institutionalized yourself.
Good lord, come out of your bubble! Schizophrenia has nothing to do with substance abuse other than it 'can' cause decompensation. But it does not and has never caused it. The correlation stems from the fact that schizophrenics emerge in young adulthood just when they're typically trying new things. And very often the schizophrenics that overindulge are unconsciously trying to self medicate.

As for cannabis ER visits, one word: Edibles. Terrible idea, no dosage control, never touched the stuff. Now you have people, some of whom never used cannabis before, wolfing down edibles because they're available and having no idea what the outcome is going to be. I've heard stories from personal acquaintances of this mistake. It's like if you had teetotalers gulping down Everclear jello shots.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:47 pm

brewster wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:40 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:55 am
I am talking about the scientific fact that fully 13% of our schizophrenia sufferers have it because of abuse of marijuana and a significant increase in the rates of psychosis.
Reports have shown a staggering increase in cannabis-related emergency department (ED) visits in recent years. In 2011, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) estimated a total of 1.25 million illicit-drug–related ED visits across the US, of which 455,668 were marijuana related.2 A similar report published in 2015 by the Washington Poison Center Toxic Trends Report showed a dramatic increase in cannabis-related ED visits.3 In states with recent legalization of recreational cannabis, similar trends were seen.4

States with medicinal marijuana have also shown a dramatic rise in cannabis-related ED visits. Moreover, states where marijuana is still illegal also showed increases.5 This widespread increase is postulated to be in part due to the easy accessibility of the drug, which contributes to over-intoxication and subsequent symptoms. Overall, from 2005 to 2011, there has been a dramatic rise in cannabis-related ED visits among all age groups and genders.
https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/substa ... sis-review

If you can't get your head out of that drug's influence to see this is the very reason why we even have narcotic schedules, then you probably need to be institutionalized yourself.
Good lord, come out of your bubble! Schizophrenia has nothing to do with substance abuse other than it 'can' cause decompensation. But it does not and has never caused it. The correlation stems from the fact that schizophrenics emerge in young adulthood just when they're typically trying new things. And very often the schizophrenics that overindulge are unconsciously trying to self medicate.

As for cannabis ER visits, one word: Edibles. Terrible idea, no dosage control, never touched the stuff. Now you have people, some of whom never used cannabis before, wolfing down edibles because they're available and having no idea what the outcome is going to be. I've heard stories from personal acquaintances of this mistake. It's like if you had teetotalers gulping down Everclear jello shots.
That is the drug talking again. Listen to yourself.
An Established Link

One analysis of several studies found that marijuana, also called cannabis, is one of the most commonly abused substances among people with schizophrenia. Young people with the condition, in particular, may abuse it more often than alcohol.

Researchers have puzzled over what that link means. Some say that people with schizophrenia may be more likely to use the drug because they’re looking for ways to ease their symptoms. But it’s unlikely that self-medication alone can explain the relationship between marijuana use and schizophrenia.
Pot and Psychosis

One thing that marijuana and schizophrenia have in common is psychosis. It isn’t a mental illness -- rather, it’s a symptom. When you have psychosis, your thoughts are disrupted in a way that makes it hard for you to tell what’s real and what’s not. You might see or hear things that aren’t there, or you might have strange thoughts that won’t go away. Psychosis is a symptom of schizophrenia.

Studies have found that when you’re high on marijuana, you can have psychotic symptoms. The effect goes away as the high wears off.

Scientists think the main ingredient in marijuana that causes psychotic symptoms is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol).
The Schizophrenia Connection

The link between marijuana and psychosis goes beyond a short-lived high. If you already have schizophrenia and use the drug, your symptoms may get worse. You may have more psychotic episodes and spend more time in the hospital.

Researchers also have found that if you carry certain types of specific genes that affect brain chemistry, marijuana use can raise the chance you’ll have schizophrenia. One of those genes is called AKT1. Another is called COMT.
https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/sch ... ana-link#1

13% of the people with schizophrenia would not have experience onset had they not abused this drug.

That's not accounting for the dramatic rise in psychosis we are seeing in states like California and Colorado.

If that doesn't warrant strict regulation of a drug, then what the holy fuck does??

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Brewster is trying to narc on the edibles. He is trying to make it seem like some bros who are wolfing down pot cookies are uncool, when really he is the uncool one for trying to harsh their belly buzz and passing judgment on them. I feel like if Brewster ate a sativa edible and listened to Rogan he could see how fucking small and limited his way of thinking really is. Uncool Brew, uncool.
Shikata ga nai

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:12 pm

sta, whats your position on criminalizing alcohol?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:22 pm

I only got one vote :cry:

I've never even tried MerryJewAnna, so I should definitely be winning this thing. I'm probably the only MHF who's THC clean for life. Get with it drug lords and vote me to the top. The only illicit drug I know of using was Kava, and I was in Tonga at the time and it was part of the locals ceremony.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:30 pm

It's never too late to tune in, turn on and drop out Carlus. :whistle:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:32 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:12 pm
sta, whats your position on criminalizing alcohol?
If drinking a glass of beer every now and again could cause psychosis, then my opinion would be the same.