Is Catholicism compatible with Nationalism? The answer may surprise you

TheReal_ND

Is Catholicism compatible with Nationalism? The answer may surprise you

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:57 pm

It has come to my attention that many people have questions about how much Nationalism is allowed in the Catholic chruch under dogma. This will not concern any direct bible quotes because those are generally disputable, or they are are taken out of context. For that reason I will only be quoting the catechism and a papal encyclical named "Mater et Magestra".

The conclusion based on research is that it is entirely legitimate to have a strong Nationalist, even ethno-nationalist position (though the ethno nationalism is optional to the person).

First, immigration because that is the primary issue to this discussion. Section 2241 of the Catechism states that any nation has the right to refuse immigrants or refugees if they present a danger to the common good of the country.

Second, in paragraph 56 and 57 of the catechism it is stated that God created the nations(a.k.a separate peoples who are designated to live in separate places), and only pride of thinking one is above God allows people to try to destroy nations.

Third, in the papal encyclical "Mater et Magestra" in paragraph 181 it is stated that a country has the right to enact policies that protect the ethnic identity of the people who live in those countries. "It is quite legitimate for nations to treat those differences as a sacred inheritance and guard them at all costs."

In summary, Nationalism is required under the Catholic Catechism. Whether you with it to be of an ethnic or racial variety is up to you, but either way it is allowed. Don't allow some faggot bishop or some misquoted bible verse tell you otherwise. This is DOCTRINAL.

GloryofGreece

Re: Is Catholicism compatible with Nationalism? The answer may surprise you

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:56 pm

I don't know how versed you are in things like " intergalism , Distributism, and some of the proto fascist parties in Europe circa 1920s but some were trying to integrate Catholicism into the philosophy and government party politics. I think it's inherently counter productive but possibly could work in some way so far not really tried in a modern sense.
The good, the true, & the beautiful