I'm getting too old to put up with this shit...

The Conservative

I'm getting too old to put up with this shit...

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:27 am

I swear, my life goes sideways or backwards more times than it goes forwards, I must have been Hitler or something in a past life to have my life go up and down and up so often...

Landlord sold the property from under us, we got the money to move but fuck me... one month notice, he breaks our lease and demands we pay last month's rent because we are still living there.

My son knows what is going on, so what happened last time doesn't happen again. We know he is going to "revert" a little during the move, but hopefully it won't be so bad that his potty training goes to "pot" again...

We need to pay for gas/electricity hookups, etc for a new place, which we can't move into until the 20th... none have been done it seems prior to us moving.

The pets we have are going to hate us, but they can suck it up or starve for all I care.

I am being courted by "The Church" or a branch of it in the US to be a Director of IT for one of the major church entities in Mass, another major company in Mass wants me as well, for another position all together different. The pay is less in both than what I am making now, but working for a religious entity has some benefits and karma I am sure...

My job now I like, the distance between where I am being courted to where I am working now is 30 minutes closer to home, and easier for me to go to my Son's school if I take either... so less money and closer to home... or more money, and a slave to the public transportation system which in Mass is about as popular and useful as a screen door in a submarine.

My boss is old school, Ret. US Army Drill Sgt. we get along like a wooden house and fire. We are the old guys in the company and we talk about stuff that most of the guys under us can't comprehend. Technology, growing up, etc. It's great... so for me I really have to think it through for these other jobs. Do I give up a good work relationship to be closer to home?

And of course, my book is finished, but it's being in the process of the last two chapters being proofread and edited... so with everything going on I'll probably be looking for a publisher this August...

I swear, ups and downs aside, I want a stable life...
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Re: I'm getting too old to put up with this shit...

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:38 am

PM Brewster about ideas. Laws are pretty favorable to tenants. You might have some options.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:48 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:38 am
PM Brewster about ideas. Laws are pretty favorable to tenants. You might have some options.
Ideas for? Books, or laws?
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:48 am

Laws. He's in a different state, but the laws are not likely terrible different between those two states, and he at least has experience on the landlord side of things.

It's probably actually very difficult for your landlord to break your lease, and even if he does, you likely have some pretty sweet options. Even in cuckservative land the tenant laws are pretty solidly in favor of the tenant until the tenant doesn't pay rent.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:51 am

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:48 am

Laws. He's in a different state, but the laws are not likely terrible different between those two states, and he at least has experience on the landlord side of things.

It's probably actually very difficult for your landlord to break your lease, and even if he does, you likely have some pretty sweet options. Even in cuckservative land the tenant laws are pretty solidly in favor of the tenant until the tenant doesn't pay rent.
Yeah, I'm just getting so annoyed that I have to deal with this shit... a normal day would be nice for once.
#NotOneRedCent

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:15 am

I don't know MA law, but typically for "sold the house" in NJ you get at least 90 days. I took a pass at trying to find specifics, no go. Best indication is what's in the lease. If there's nothing about ending the lease in case of sale then you don't have to leave. I gotta say I'm surprised how shitty the tenant info is in MA, NJ publishes a very clear and comprehensive PDF booklet.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:17 am

brewster wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:15 am
I don't know MA law, but typically for "sold the house" in NJ you get at least 90 days. I took a pass at trying to find specifics, no go. Best indication is what's in the lease. If there's nothing about ending the lease in case of sale then you don't have to leave. I gotta say I'm surprised how shitty the tenant info is in MA, NJ publishes a very clear and comprehensive PDF booklet.
When you have Fauxahontus as your AG... you tell me why that surprises you?
#NotOneRedCent

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:36 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:17 am
brewster wrote:
No idea who you're referring to. Sorry I tried to help.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:27 pm

fuck landlords, ive got a shit neighbor downstairs and two rooms across that found bedbugs a few weeks ago, i contacted my landlord the same day and he said he was on top of it. yesterday i overheard one of the other downstairs tenants, not connected to the main building, that may have found two in his bed. i've been researching and preparing to proof my apartment with some Cimexa powder and these other plastic things that go on the legs of my bed to prevent them from crawling up. i haven't found any bugs but this is some fucking bullshit i am not living with a fucking bedbug infestation. i think they bombed the one guy's apartment but the bugs probably just spread through the walls into the other apartments. fuck all that, im going to flip my shit if i wake up with bedbug bites

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:29 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:36 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:17 am
brewster wrote:
No idea who you're referring to. Sorry I tried to help.
Lets just say that our Attorney General doesn't give a shit about WASPs...
Last edited by The Conservative on Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#NotOneRedCent