MHF - Hockey Thread

Smitty-48

Re: MHF - Hockey Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:23 pm

Downtown Connor Brown gets the Monkey off his back.

Sneaky set up by Tyler Ennis.

Tyler Ennis for $650K Moneyball.

4th line goal, 1-0 Buds.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Nasty Nazem gets the Monkey off his back.

Babs double shifting him with Ennis and Brown, Brownie sets it up this time.

4th line goal again.

2-0 Buds.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:51 pm

Biggest game of the year for the Avs on the 29th, at home against the Coyotes. Playing VGK tonight at 10.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Freddie Fuckface just whiffed on two softies in a row.

Babs just keeps on playing Andersen and Andersen is playing like he doesn't like it and is not giving a shit therein.

Without Gardiner and Dermott, soft slow Leafs defense is getting caved.

Andersen is like "whatever, fuck this".

#firebabcock.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Babs just keeps on playing Andersen and Andersen is playing like he doesn't like it and is not giving a shit therein.

#firebabcock.
Babcock loves to run his goalies into the ground by overplaying them. I don't blame Freddie for not being a big fan of that.
#firebabcock
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:31 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:24 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

#firebabcock.
Babcock loves to run his goalies into the ground by overplaying them. I don't blame Freddie for not being a big fan of that.
#firebabcock
Aside from the 2D and 3D being injured, which is definitely a big reason they are struggling, the team in general has clearly had enough of the regular season at this point, including Andersen.

I expect them to pick it up come the playoffs, then it's in the hands of the Hockey Gods.

They would have to get on a serious roll to make it very far, I'm not banking on that, but whatever, if they fall completely flat that just helps get rid of Babcock sooner rather than later.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:31 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

#firebabcock.
#firebabcock
Aside from the 2D and 3D being injured, which is definitely a big reason they are struggling, the team in general has clearly had enough of the regular season at this point, including Andersen.

I expect them to pick it up come the playoffs, then it's in the hands of the Hockey Gods.

They would have to get on a serious roll to make it very far, I'm not banking on that, but whatever, if they fall completely flat that just helps get rid of Babcock sooner rather than later.
If the Leafs put a run together you win, if they lose in the first round you get rid of Babcock, which is also a win. You can't lose.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:41 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:34 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:31 pm
StCapps wrote:
#firebabcock

If the Leafs put a run together you win, if they lose in the first round you get rid of Babcock, which is also a win. You can't lose.
Andersen just let another softie in, Loafs standing around puck watching, particularly Hainsey who is worse than useless.

Babcock has got to go, big contract or not, it just ain't working, this team can say whatever they want, their actions show that they don't want Babcock, they don't respond to Babcock, even if it is subconscious.

Boomer coach, Millennial team, not gelling, simple as that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:50 pm

Compare and contrast with Brindamour and Tocchet.

Both hardasses as players, but as coaches they are working with the kids they got.

Babcock meanwhile, if he doesn't have Team Canada, he just pouts, Babcock is Pouty Time naow.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:54 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:50 pm
Compare and contrast with Brindamour and Tocchet.

Both hardasses as players, but as coaches they are working with the kids they got.

Babcock meanwhile, if he doesn't have Team Canada, he just pouts, Babcock is Pouty Time naow.
Babcock and Duchene deserve each other, that would be pouting on steroids. Would be so worth it for the lulz.

It's already pretty funny that Duchene has Torts as his coach, that's a hilarious combo too.
*yip*