MHF - Hockey Thread

StCapps

Re: MHF - Hockey Thread

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:10 pm

The Avs could use the break, as long as it's only temporary, with all the injuries they have.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:30 pm

The panic buying is amusing in the total lack of any thought as to what they are buying nor where

The grocery stores are madhouses, they're all crammed in there lined up with toilet paper

Then I go to the drug store which also sells groceries : totally empty, I was the only customer
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:21 pm

Just as a sanity check, I looked up the toilet paper supply in America. Turns out it’s 90% domestic product, made right here, using our own timber.

I’d love to know how people got the idea that it’s more important than food... but I’ve been to Walmart at midnight, and the question just answers itself.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:36 pm

There is apparently a feller in his 40's in the hospital ICU down in Waterloo with the Covfefe

Caught it in Las Vegas, reportedly in stable condition

There's five cases total in the region, the others came from France, Italy, UK & a cruise ship in Puerto Rico

None of them are in the hospital, all at home in quarantine
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:52 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:52 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:44 pm
For ''media induced panic'' it is possible to read ''informed public''.
Whilst most people aren't at risk of dying if they contract this virus, most of us don't want to be responsible for spreading it to at risk members of our families or the public at large.
Thus sensible precautions such as restricting mass gatherings like sporting events shouldn't be regarded as unnecessary panic or some deep state plot to discredit Trump.
Again, you cannot stop the spread of the virus but you can slow its progress to avoid swamping healthcare systems and gain time for the development of possible treatments or vaccinations.
Well, it doesn't crimp my lifestyle, other than hockey being cancelled, I won't notice much difference

The wife has already stocked the house up, everything is full, can't even fit anymore supplies up in here

With her working from home, I'm being catered to hand & foot

So far I'm not missing hockey much, as the Loafs were an embarrassment to themselves and their fans anyways
I recommend "Loudermilk" if you need something to watch.
It's very funny and the main character is an acerbic tongued, grumpy old misanthrope so you should be able to relate.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:15 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:52 am
if you need something to watch.
Meh, like I say, my routine is not effected at all, I already live like a lighthouse keeper.

All I want is some nicer weather, the purpose of hockey is to distract from winter.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:39 am

I'm actually feeling quite giddy, because I bet that this Covfefe was a plausible Black Swan

If this hadn't have panned out, I could have left a lot of money on the table, so there was risk to this bet

I was feeling more stress when the market wasn't reacting, now that's it's gone for a complete shit, I'm good

Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:09 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:39 am
I'm actually feeling quite giddy, because I bet that this Covfefe was a plausible Black Swan

If this hadn't have panned out, I could have left a lot of money on the table, so there was risk to this bet

I was feeling more stress when the market wasn't reacting, now that's it's gone for a complete shit, I'm good

Same. I need one more leg down this week, and my student loans are paid off.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:36 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:09 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:39 am

Same. I need one more leg down this week, and my student loans are paid off.
Disaster Capitalism FTW

Feels good man

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:02 pm

Some doctors are starting to break through in the media to say that this is a counterproductive overreaction

So there are signs of push back.

The NHL is just waiting to see if they can get the all clear

It's a timed event : how long will it take to get the all clear from the media, is there time left to save the playoffs?

A doctor was just on saying that he has no staff and so can't treat patients, that's the kind of push back we need
Nec Aspera Terrent