MHF - Hockey Thread

Smitty-48

Re: MHF - Hockey Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:19 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:17 am
I don't have much in the way of bills to pay either. I can survive on very little money if I have to.
The difference is that I'm not prepared to just say I'm all right Jack screw the rest of you.
Except I'm an OWG who smokes, so I'm the one who is in danger here, 80% of people who get the virus don't even have any symptoms, people under 50 years old have nothing to fear at all.

It's the Boomer Flu, shutting things down to incite a recession is going to hurt the Millennials, not me.

It's like the CBC ran this story about this old couple trapped on the ship in Japan

They had the Covfefe, so they were scared as they were led away to the death camp

Now they're back and what do they say?

Same as Trump; no big deal, they barely had any symptoms at all, the worst part was the quarantine itself
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:34 am

That's true but when the 15% who experience severe symptoms and the 5% who need intensive care exceed the available healthcare then the death rate will rise.
This is why you have to try to spread it out rather than do too little and get a massive peak like Italy is experiencing.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:36 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:34 am
That's true but when the 15% who experience severe symptoms and the 5% who need intensive care exceed the available healthcare then the death rate will rise.
This is why you have to try to spread it out rather than do too little and get a massive peak like Italy is experiencing.
Says the media, because panic is to their advantage, they are in the business of sowing panic for profit

In this case the motive is inciting a recession so it can be blamed on Bad Orange Man, which is all they do, 24-7-365
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:38 am

It's like my wife just got back from the grocery store

People are lined up around the block like this is the Cuban Missile Crisis.

It's laughable, so long as you can weather the recession.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:39 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:36 am

In this case the motive is inciting a recession so it can be blamed on Bad Orange Man, which is all they do, 24-7-365
Other interpretations are available.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:45 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:39 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:36 am

Other interpretations are available.
The public is reacting to the non stop media fear mongering as if this stuff was anthrax

Obvious media incited panic is obvious
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Bettman is saying that the league will resume when its "appropriate & prudent"

In other words when the media incited panic starts to ebb

They are maintaining venue availability through to the end of July

It's all down to the panic, if it ebbs, they will resume, it has nothing to do with the virus, it's all about the media
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:44 pm

For ''media induced panic'' it is possible to read ''informed public''.
Whilst most people aren't at risk of dying if they contract this virus, most of us don't want to be responsible for spreading it to at risk members of our families or the public at large.
Thus sensible precautions such as restricting mass gatherings like sporting events shouldn't be regarded as unnecessary panic or some deep state plot to discredit Trump.
Again, you cannot stop the spread of the virus but you can slow its progress to avoid swamping healthcare systems and gain time for the development of possible treatments or vaccinations.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:04 pm

vaccinations
Keep dreaming. I'll let you take the first vaccine when SARS vaccines kill every animal they tested it on.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:52 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:44 pm
For ''media induced panic'' it is possible to read ''informed public''.
Whilst most people aren't at risk of dying if they contract this virus, most of us don't want to be responsible for spreading it to at risk members of our families or the public at large.
Thus sensible precautions such as restricting mass gatherings like sporting events shouldn't be regarded as unnecessary panic or some deep state plot to discredit Trump.
Again, you cannot stop the spread of the virus but you can slow its progress to avoid swamping healthcare systems and gain time for the development of possible treatments or vaccinations.
Well, it doesn't crimp my lifestyle, other than hockey being cancelled, I won't notice much difference

The wife has already stocked the house up, everything is full, can't even fit anymore supplies up in here

With her working from home, I'm being catered to hand & foot

So far I'm not missing hockey much, as the Loafs were an embarrassment to themselves and their fans anyways
Nec Aspera Terrent