Re: MHF - Hockey Thread

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:14 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:12 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:05 pm

I already went through my pissed off stage when this team came out flat, after months of it, I've moved on
Well I haven't worn myself out on being pissed off yet, my pissed off stage has just begun. Fuck Coronavirus.
I'm not convinced that this level of retard can be maintained for more than a few weeks

They cancelled school for the next three weeks, they haven't cancelled the school year
It better not, I'm not convinced either, I just worry that it could maintain for just long enough to fuck me over majorly.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:14 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Well I haven't worn myself out on being pissed off yet, my pissed off stage has just begun. Fuck Coronavirus.
I'm not convinced that this level of retard can be maintained for more than a few weeks

They cancelled school for the next three weeks, they haven't cancelled the school year
It better not, I'm not convinced either, I just worry that it could maintain for just long enough to fuck me over majorly.
Well the playoffs were a month away, so you've got a few weeks for the panic wave to ebb
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:14 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

Well the playoffs were a month away, so you've got a few weeks for the panic wave to ebb
Nurmagomedov-Ferguson is on April 18th, it better have ebbed by then, if it lasts longer than a month, then I'm totally screwed.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:41 am

Fucking SIFCLFs
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:07 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:55 am
StCapps wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:48 am
I like sports, fuck coronavirus.
I already got the Superbowl, there's no more Kawhi, and the Loafs are not really contending, so it's a wash.

The biggest losers are in Beantown, this was their year
Shame about the Australian Grand Prix though. It won't be the only one to go either.
All soccer until at least April 3rd has been suspended in the UK today.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:35 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:07 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
I already got the Superbowl, there's no more Kawhi, and the Loafs are not really contending, so it's a wash.

Shame about the Australian Grand Prix though. It won't be the only one to go either.
Bollocks.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Can't say exactly how long this will last, but I don't expect it to be more than a month

People are going to start losing their jobs and running out of money

So I expect some push back against the hysteria just from necessity
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:38 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Can't say exactly how long this will last, but I don't expect it to be more than a month

The Bahrain and Vietnam Grands Prix have been called off because of the coronavirus pandemic, as Formula 1 expect the season to begin in May.

The Bahrain race was due to be held behind closed doors on 22 March, with the Vietnam Grand Prix on 5 April.

The Australian and Chinese Grands Prix were already cancelled, with the Dutch Grand Prix scheduled for 3 May.

Organisers will assess the "viability of potential alternative dates" later this year should the situation improve.

"Formula 1, the FIA and the promoters have taken these decisions in order to ensure the health and safety of the travelling staff, championship participants and fans, which remains our primary concern," said a statement.

It added: "As a result, Formula 1 and the FIA expect to begin the Championship in Europe at the end of May but given the sharp increase in Covid-19 cases in Europe in recent days, this will be regularly reviewed."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51871615

I've spent the day organising a possible postponement of my juggling convention from May to a new date in September.
We had to change sites to a nearby barn on a couple of occasions. Once due to a foot and mouth outbreak and once due to this farm being too waterlogged due to a very wet April that year.
The show must go on...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:03 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

The Bahrain and Vietnam Grands Prix have been called off because of the coronavirus pandemic, as Formula 1 expect the season to begin in May.

The Bahrain race was due to be held behind closed doors on 22 March, with the Vietnam Grand Prix on 5 April.

The Australian and Chinese Grands Prix were already cancelled, with the Dutch Grand Prix scheduled for 3 May.

Organisers will assess the "viability of potential alternative dates" later this year should the situation improve.

"Formula 1, the FIA and the promoters have taken these decisions in order to ensure the health and safety of the travelling staff, championship participants and fans, which remains our primary concern," said a statement.

It added: "As a result, Formula 1 and the FIA expect to begin the Championship in Europe at the end of May but given the sharp increase in Covid-19 cases in Europe in recent days, this will be regularly reviewed."

I've spent the day organising a possible postponement of my juggling convention from May to a new date in September.
We had to change sites to a nearby barn on a couple of occasions. Once due to a foot and mouth outbreak and once due to this farm being too waterlogged due to a very wet April that year.
The show must go on...
I have enough cash to hunker down for years, I can weather a depression, so whatever, but most people are two paycheques away from bankruptcy, and no, government stimulus cannot pay for them to be off work indefinitely.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:17 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:03 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

The show must go on...
I have enough cash to hunker down for years, I can weather a depression, so whatever, but most people are two paycheques away from bankruptcy, and no, government stimulus cannot pay for them to be off work indefinitely.
I don't have much in the way of bills to pay either. I can survive on very little money if I have to.
The difference is that I'm not prepared to just say I'm all right Jack screw the rest of you.
If the governments of the world can spend hundreds of billions of dollars to bail out the banks after they caused a recession with their dodgy mortgage lending practises then they can find the money to help out innocent financial victims of this natural disaster.