MHF - Hockey Thread

Montegriffo

Re: MHF - Hockey Thread

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:18 pm
The Loafs are trying to play a Shame Game, but really they are just playing nervous

They are in their own heads, squeezing the sticks, skating on egg shells

Soon as the Pens pounce on them the Loafs start running around in a panic
Freddie nearly shit the bed. Passing to the pens from behind the goal.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:25 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:12 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:47 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:41 pm

Why don't you buck up and start posting on the political forum. Hockey is temporary. Politics are forever. The Coronavirus is the biggest threat to the Republic since Bird Flu, and if you don't step in now you are going to regret it for the rest of your life. My dad was a 9/11 first responder, but I am a Martin Hash Forum first responder. Don't shirk your responsibility. Not now Smitty. Not when we need all hands on deck.
I don't know how you dare show your face around here Daralon. Thanks to you, Speaker has left in an epic flounce and there's no one left to tell us that we are all fucked.
700 million deaths are on you pal.
He died dude. He didn't take care of himself or go to the gym. The virus killed him because he was so out of shape. They are having a service for him tomorrow. His folks couldn't find a will, but fortunately I have found one in my posession. The virus took away all his motor functions so the signature does not look like his normal ones. Its legit, and at this time its important to come together and not accuse eachother of forging documents. I wouldn't even know how to do that if I wanted to.
He told me that he wanted you and me to share his estate.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:24 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:18 pm
The Loafs are trying to play a Shame Game, but really they are just playing nervous

They are in their own heads, squeezing the sticks, skating on egg shells

Soon as the Pens pounce on them the Loafs start running around in a panic
Freddie nearly shit the bed. Passing to the pens from behind the goal.
Yeah, that's another Fredo thing, he likes to handle the puck, but he's not that good at it

He has been scored on a few times doing that,
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Because Liljegren & Sandin got completely caved in by Buffalo, Keefe has split them up now

But he's put Sandin with Barrie, who is the worst of them all, so now Barrie & Sandin are getting caved in
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:33 pm

See that's the difference with a team led by veteran stars like the Pens, their power play is reliable, confident

They've got it down to a drill, they don't need to think about it

As opposed to the Loafs kids who just ain't there yet
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:34 pm

Ugh, Leafs have a terrible record when they let the first goal in.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:35 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:34 pm
Ugh, Leafs have a terrible record when they let the first goal in.
Oh they could easily get rocked again by the Pens here, the Loafs are flailing while the Pens are in the groove right now
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:36 pm

In fairness to the Loafs, Barrie is fucking useless, so basically Jake Muzzin is their only real NHL defenseman playing, Sandin & Liljgren are not ready for top four minutes coming straight out of the AHL, Marincin is a fringe player, more AHL than NHL, Dermott has taken a step back, he isn't breaking out, he's plateaued on the fringe as well

Their lack of defensive depth is catching up with them, as was predicted
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 pm

This doesn't mean they should trade for a defenseman just to get a defenseman,

That was the mistake they made with Barrie

Josh Manson is not available, so just keep your powder dry and look ahead to next year

Since this team has all sorts of problems and as a result is not rounding into shape to compete for a cup this year,

This is why I wish they would sell, to get something for Barrie at the deadline, but I don't expect they will
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Time to bring Soupie on.