MHF - Hockey Thread

Smitty-48

Re: MHF - Hockey Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:16 pm

Well, the Leafs have come out and shit the bed in Calgary.

They can't go more than one or two games without collapsing again.

I'm going to declare right now, this Leafs team as is : is going to miss the playoffs.

Seriously, this team is pitiful, they can't play defense and they can't score neither

Freddie Andersen is the only reason they are not bottom three in the league.

Most overpaid team in the history of the NHL, bar none.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Yeah it's pretty sad. The Avs ain't Leafs West anymore, more like Capitals West.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:40 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:27 pm
Yeah it's pretty sad. The Avs ain't Leafs West anymore, more like Capitals West.
Oddly enough, I don't feel much emotion about it, I'm not mad, I'm not sad, I don't feel anything for this team.

It's clear that Dubas has failed, the team he built is a bust, but I don't feel like it's my problem.

I just have different priorities now, the NHL just ain't the big deal it used to be.

This league is so far from what I grew up with, I don't feel the same emotional connection to it anymore.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:40 pm
StCapps wrote:
Oddly enough, I don't feel much emotion about it, I'm not mad, I'm not sad, I don't feel anything for this team.

It's clear that Dubas has failed, the team he built is a bust, but I don't feel like it's my problem.

I just have different priorities now, the NHL just ain't the big deal it used to be.

This league is so far from what I grew up with, I don't feel the same emotional connection to it anymore.
The only sports league I don't hate is the UFC, though they piss me off all the time. But MMA is the one sport that isn't moving rapidly in the direction of nerfing itself.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:57 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:49 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

The only sports league I don't hate is the UFC, though they piss me off all the time. But MMA is the one sport that isn't moving rapidly in the direction of nerfing itself.
Well the NFL doesn't seem that different to me, I thought that Chiefs - Pats game was pretty old school actually

The NHL seems the most nerfed, like it is so soft compared to what it was, it's not even the NHL anymore to me.

I can't feel any emotion for this Leaf team which is the softest team I've ever seen, they are truly gutless.

It's just a bunch of pampered rich kids who do not compete, they got no jam whatsoever.

Honestly, I get a kind of pleasure from watching such a soft team lose because they are soft, it's just desserts.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:01 pm

And it's not just that they are physically soft, they are mentally soft too.

They are lazy, entitled, they expect things to be handed to them, and when things go wrong, they fold, they quit.

This is the most gutless NHL team in the most gutless NHL league, I've ever seen.

It's stunning how gutless they are, how they have absolutely no shame about it, how they play with no pride.

I don't want to cheer for this team, I'm cheering against them now, because that's what they deserve.

All I'm rooting for now is to blow this team up, just to spare us having to watch a full season of this crap.

It's a failure, Dubas, back to the drawing board, trade the pending UFA's and play the kids, just start over.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:06 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:57 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:49 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

Well the NFL doesn't seem that different to me, I thought that Chiefs - Pats game was pretty old school actually

The NHL seems the most nerfed, like it is so soft compared to what it was, it's not even the NHL anymore to me.

I can't feel any emotion for this Leaf team which is the softest team I've ever seen, they are truly gutless.

It's just a bunch of pampered rich kids who do not compete, they got no jam whatsoever.

Honestly, I get a kind of pleasure from watching such a soft team lose because they are soft, it's just desserts.
The NFL isn't as different as the NHL, but you aren't allowed to hit QB's or WR's anymore without taking a penalty, it's fucking stupid.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:10 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:06 pm
The NFL isn't as different as the NHL, but you aren't allowed to hit QB's or WR's anymore without taking a penalty, it's fucking stupid.
The NFL is still recognizable, the NHL is not. This is a totally different league, even from just ten years ago.

This NHL really is what Don Cherry always warned it was going to become "ballet on ice"
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:10 pm
StCapps wrote:
The NFL is still recognizable, the NHL is not. This is a totally different league, even from just ten years ago.

This NHL really is what Don Cherry always warned it was going to become "ballet on ice"
This is true, but still, both sports are continuing to move rapidly in the direction of nerfing themselves, it's just happening fastest in hockey. MMA on the other hand is not doing that.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:21 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:13 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:10 pm
StCapps wrote:

This is true, but still, both sports are continuing to move rapidly in the direction of nerfing themselves, it's just happening fastest in hockey. MMA on the other hand is not doing that.
I can't into MMA, it's not gonna replace Wendel Clark for me.
Nec Aspera Terrent