Re: MHF - Hockey Thread

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:32 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:29 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Kadri is useless defensively, he's one of the worst offenders on the Leafs in terms of floating, missed assignments and running around in the defensive zone, so if Kerfoot is worse than Kadri defensively that doesn't bode well.

Mind you Kadri wasn't actually deployed in a defensive role, he's an agitator who play physical but he's not that interested in playing defense, he more runs around looking for the big hits and takes dumb penalties,
Also, Kadri can play center. Kerfoot is no guarantee to stick there, Bednar Knows.
Kadri is defeinitely a center, but he's not a checking center in the defensive sense, he's a body checker not a tight checker.

Kadri needs the puck in the offensive zone and on the power play.

Although he was shooting blanks on the power play last year so I'd rather have Johnsson in there now.
Thankfully Kadri is a much better fit on the Avs than he was on the Leafs after they brought Tavares in.

Kerfoot is a solid middle six guy, he might eventually stick at center, the penalty killing seems less likely though. If he can add penalty killing to the mix, that would be an impressive improvement that would be hard to see coming, that's for sure.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:48 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:38 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:32 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:29 pm
Also, Kadri can play center. Kerfoot is no guarantee to stick there, Bednar Knows.
Kadri is defeinitely a center, but he's not a checking center in the defensive sense, he's a body checker not a tight checker.

Kadri needs the puck in the offensive zone and on the power play.

Although he was shooting blanks on the power play last year so I'd rather have Johnsson in there now.
Thankfully Kadri is a much better fit on the Avs than he was on the Leafs after they brought Tavares in.

Kerfoot is a solid middle six guy, he might eventually stick at center, the penalty killing seems less likely though. If he can add penalty killing to the mix, that would be an impressive improvement that would be hard to see coming, that's for sure.
Penalty killing is not about defense, it's just about hustling with an active stick.

Defense is more about coming back and supporting the D at even strength in the d zone and getting the puck out.

Kerfoot does seem a little challenged in terms of down low D support, but I think Babcock can coach him to pk.

Killing penalties is simply about doing what Babcock says and working hard.

That's Kadri's problem, he doesn't do what the coaches tell him to do, he couldn't be trusted to just make the smart play.

It will be interesting to see what Bednar does to keep Kadri in line.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:56 pm

Welcome Smitty :dance:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:03 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:56 pm
Welcome Smitty :dance:
Thank you kindly.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:10 pm

Always good to see you, How'd you Summer.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:10 pm
Too good, the weather was spectacular, not too hot, just right, lots of sun.

My wife was on my case for smoking cigarettes, but I just vaped, did more dip, and smoked more dope to compensate.

I bought another gun, Dominion Arms M14 clone, but now Justin Trudeau says he's going to confiscate it.

They're saying buy back program, mind you, it's Chinese, so it's not like I paid a lot for it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:18 pm

Kerfoot listens to his coaches, but he can't always execute, he's very inconsistent, one night he looks fantastic, the next night, he's invisible.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:21 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:16 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:10 pm
Too good, the weather was spectacular, not too hot, just right, lots of sun.

My wife was on my case for smoking cigarettes, but I just vaped, did more dip, and smoked more dope to compensate.

I bought another gun, Dominion Arms M14 clone, but now Justin Trudeau says he's going to confiscate it.

They're saying buy back program, mind you, it's Chinese, so it's not like I paid a lot for it.
Fuckin' Gun Grabbing Trudeau, how dare he buy back your M14 knockoff? You better at least get back what you paid for it.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:27 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:21 pm
Fuckin' Gun Grabbing Trudeau, how dare he buy back your M14 knockoff? You better at least get back what you paid for it.
Who knows what these Liberals are going to do, the RCMP actually decides what is what.

What the RCMP is going to call an "Assault Weapon" is not clear, and Trudeau doesn't know neither.

The SOCOM 18 is a perfect example, every other battle rifle is banned, except the Chinese M14 clones.

Yet these are not even Restricted Class. You can buy a Dominion Arms SOCOM 18 with just a regular PAL.

On the other hand the AR15 is Restricted Class, not for any other reason than the name.

The Restriction has nothing to do with caliber, action, nothing like that, the name is what they restrict it under.

So whatever the Liberals pass in terms of a law, it will still remain to be seen what the RCMP actually bans and what they don't.

Bear in mind that Canadian gun control is not based on logic, and there are always huge loopholes as a result.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:43 pm

These are the two things that Canadian gun grabbers do not understand;

1. The politicians do not run the gun control.

The RCMP runs it under their mandate to maintain Peace & Order in the name of the Queen.

They just decide, arbitrarily, what is regulated how, what is banned, what it not.

2. They do not regulate based on technical characteristics, they just ban things by name.

M14; banned. Chinese M305 copy of the M14; not banned, not even restricted.

So it would not surprise me at all, if they just banned the AR but not the Chinese M14 clones.

That is how silly Canadian gun control actually is.
Nec Aspera Terrent