Fight Club

StCapps

Re: Fight Club

Post by StCapps » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:15 pm

Like I discussed your OP in good faith and dropped some solid material on a similar topic to expand on what you were talking about, and you didn't even respond. Why are Russian's so tough? Well, I have much insight on the topic, not that you noticed.

You aren't interested in having any discussion with the foremost fighting aficionado on the forum? Whatever dude, your loss.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Okay, man. Whatever.

You did not discuss anything in good faith. You made a bunch of ridiculous claims, moved goal posts around and burned another interesting thread to the ground.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 pm
Okay, man. Whatever.

You did not discuss anything in good faith. You made a bunch of ridiculous claims, moved goal posts around and burned another interesting thread to the ground.
You want to talk about Russian toughness? No? Guess it's you making a bunch of ridiculous claims, moving the goal posts around and burning another interesting thread to the ground in bad faith. I tried to discuss it, but you don't deem me as worth discussing it with, yet you cared enough to begin a thread with that as the opener, as if you wanted to discuss it, but that was all a ruse I suppose.

I was hoping for some Russian/Sambo/Wrestling/Toughness discussion, like the dude in your OP video, but the guy who wanted to talk about it enough to start a thread about it, just a few days ago, doesn't even want to discuss it anymore.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 am
If you watch up to the part where he is sparring with that European dude in the old fort, you can see how this Haitian fencing style has roots in West Africa like capoeira. He is using footwork that is very similar to the ginga.

African martial arts are highly underrated right now, in my opinion.

Completely different take on footwork.

There are some interesting thoughts provided in this video.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 17, 2019 2:31 pm

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 pm
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 am
If you watch up to the part where he is sparring with that European dude in the old fort, you can see how this Haitian fencing style has roots in West Africa like capoeira. He is using footwork that is very similar to the ginga.

African martial arts are highly underrated right now, in my opinion.

Completely different take on footwork.

There are some interesting thoughts provided in this video.
Precision beats power and timing beats speed. Footwork is key, in sword fighting and hand to hand combat.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 17, 2019 5:36 pm

Precision beats power and timing beats speed. Footwork is key, in sword fighting and hand to hand combat.
Yes, the greats have power with precision and timing.

Power matters a lot though. It's why we have weight classes.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 17, 2019 6:40 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:36 pm
Yes, the greats have power with precision and timing.

Power matters a lot though. It's why we have weight classes.
Oh indeed. Power matters but if there is giant skill disparity, and the fighter with the power advantage is the one with the skill disadvantage, it usually doesn't win out aside from a puncher's chance.

Notice that the dude who popularized the phrase was a huge power puncher after he knocked out the greatest featherweight of all time in 13 seconds, for instance.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Brawlers that soak up punches are really fun to watch. They usually dont wind up with great records because they lose on points, but you never know when th hey will land for a KO
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 17, 2019 8:11 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:37 pm
Brawlers that soak up punches are really fun to watch. They usually dont wind up with great records because they lose on points, but you never know when th hey will land for a KO
The Robbie Lawler's and Justin Gaethje's of the world are real gems, it is known.
*yip*