Game of Thrones - mostly

Kath

Q

Post by Kath » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:23 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:22 pm
StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 pm
Like I say, Dany kills Jon, or Jon kills Dany, if one of the lead characters isn't backstabbed by the other, that's just bad writing. Happily ever after for the fail, one of them needs the Ned Stark/Rob Stark treatment, if not both of them.
Na...

Dany might die... but not by Jon's hand.

She will be undone by her own hubris.

Jon will try to save her but fail... cuz he's like that... the ubercuck.

Maybe Jon gets uncucked somehow... but that would have to be some great writing... and I'm not sure they are that good...
Jon will become a Wight and the Night King will give him the dragon, and then he and Dany and the dead & undead dragons will duke it out in the air. That would be amazing to see!
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

DrYouth

Re: Q

Post by DrYouth » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:25 pm

Kath wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:23 pm
Jon will become a Wight and the Night King will give him the dragon, and then he and Dany and the dead & undead dragons will duke it out in the air. That would be amazing to see!
...not even long odds...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Kath

Re: Q

Post by Kath » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:40 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:25 pm
Kath wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:23 pm
...not even long odds...
But it would be so much fun!! I really want to see the dead and one undead dragon duking it out. I'm going to have the sad if that doesn't go down.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

StCapps

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:22 pm
StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 pm
Like I say, Dany kills Jon, or Jon kills Dany, if one of the lead characters isn't backstabbed by the other, that's just bad writing. Happily ever after for the fail, one of them needs the Ned Stark/Rob Stark treatment, if not both of them.
Na...

Dany might die... but not by Jon's hand.

She will be undone by her own hubris.

Jon will try to save her but fail... cuz he's like that... the ubercuck.

Maybe Jon gets uncucked somehow... they are angling in that direction but that would have to be some great writing if they pull it off...

...and I'm not sure they are that good...
If Dany dies another way, that's going to be a lamer way, uncuck Jon. If Jon dies another way, it's going to be a lamer way than Dany killing him. I expect bad writing, but a good idea is starring them right in the face, if they pass it up, you know the ending is going to suck.
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:53 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 pm
If Dany dies another way, that's going to be a lamer way, uncuck Jon. If Jon dies another way, it's going to be a lamer way than Dany killing him. I expect bad writing, but a good idea is starring them right in the face, if they pass it up, you know the ending is going to suck.
Dany must fall... the seeds of her fall have been planted and are sprouting...

Jon killing her... that's improbable.

Could Jon killing her work... definitely it could... but not automatically... her hubris would have to escalate several more levels... which could still happen... but I don't predict it.

Dany killing Jon... that's not going to happen... could it work... maybe as part of a tragic blood bath... but again there is no narrative leading in this direction... the seeds of Jon's demise have not been sown and the final season is well under way.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:01 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:53 pm
StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 pm
Dany must fall... the seeds of her fall have been planted and are sprouting...

Jon killing her... that's improbable.

Could Jon killing her work... definitely it could... but not automatically... her hubris would have to escalate several more levels... which could still happen... but I don't predict it.

Dany killing Jon... that's not going to happen... could it work... maybe as part of a tragic blood bath... but again there is no narrative leading in this direction... the seeds of Jon's demise have not been sown and the final season is well under way.
Dude they just laid the ground work in the last two episodes, there is a narrative leading that direction, watch the last two episodes again if you don't believe me.

-Dany said she's been working her entire life to take the throne
-Varys says nothing ever lasts referring to her and Jon
-Dany's reaction to news that Jon is a Targaryen, with a better claim to the throne than her as the first thing she says
-Jon responding that he knows it's true despite Dany's doubts, like he's Ned Stark finding out about Gendry being the heir to Robert's throne.
-Tyrion making mistakes and being so sure that Dany is not her father, like he was sure that Cersei was sending help.
-Sansa saying "what about the North?" and Dany basically saying fuck the north by pulling her hand back.
-Sansa is clearly the smartest person on the show right now, and she's hella suspicious of Dany's motives.

Wake up dude, plenty of narrative heading in that direction, if you are paying attention that is.

Not saying they'll do it, but they've done a good job setting it up, if they want to go there, which they would if they don't suck at writing.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:42 pm

Actually... they have to kill Dani.

Jon is the last Targaryan, and she can't have children. So either we have a 'miracle birth' of an heir, or Jon marries... Arya?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:50 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:01 pm
Dude they just laid the ground work in the last two episodes, there is a narrative leading that direction, watch the last two episodes again if you don't believe me.

-Dany said she's been working her entire life to take the throne
-Varys says nothing ever lasts referring to her and Jon
-Dany's reaction to news that Jon is a Targaryen, with a better claim to the throne than her as the first thing she says
-Jon responding that he knows it's true despite Dany's doubts, like he's Ned Stark finding out about Gendry being the heir to Robert's throne.
-Tyrion making mistakes and being so sure that Dany is not her father, like he was sure that Cersei was sending help.
-Sansa saying "what about the North?" and Dany basically saying fuck the north by pulling her hand back.
-Sansa is clearly the smartest person on the show right now, and she's hella suspicious of Dany's motives.

Wake up dude, plenty of narrative heading in that direction, if you are paying attention that is.

Not saying they'll do it, but they've done a good job setting it up, if they want to go there, which they would if they don't suck at writing.
I already told you Dani will certainly fall and likely will die... for all the reasons you listed.

I just don't see Jon killing her unless she goes "mad queen"... which she might... but I doubt.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:25 pm

Falling by back stabbing is better than falling some other way, unless Jon gets backstabbed by Dany first, it needs to be Jon who backstabs her, or bad writing. If Tyrion is right about Dany, also bad writing, that's making Dany far less interesting than she could be if she goes Mad Queen. Tyrion being right about that, would just be a letdown.
*yip*

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 am

Are you this good at script writing or its just a hobby of yours?

I think it would be fun for something some message board or blog didn't come up with or cynically post about.
The good, the true, & the beautiful