Game of Thrones - mostly

DrYouth

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by DrYouth » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:28 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:32 pm
Danyers needs her head on a pike. It's the only proper way for the show to end.

Bonus points if Snow gets killed by a wild boar.
They are obviously setting Danny up for a fall...

The question is only how far will she fall.

Will she lose both her dragons... her slave army... the iron throne... her life...

It's a bear market as far as Danny is concerned.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:30 am

Or a bare market ... depending on where HBO wants those ratings.
:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:32 am

It's interesting that the zombie showdown is coming in episode 3... I was kind of expecting it closer to the end of the series...

The zombie battle will take up most of the next episode or two...

Then what...

Show down with Circe prolly... will the zombies be entirely defeated? Or will they continue to be part of the narrative...

Will Circe arrive to "save the day"... once the rest are sufficiently weakened so as not to contest her...

This seems like a possibility.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 am

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:32 am
It's interesting that the zombie showdown is coming in episode 3... I was kind of expecting it closer to the end of the series...

The battle will take up most of the next episode or two...

Then what...

Show down with Circe prolly... will the zombies be entirely defeated? Or will they continue to be part of the narrative...

Will Circe arrive to "save the day"... once the rest are sufficiently weakened so as not to contest her...

At first I too was surprised about the zombie showdown but I realized its setting it up for the real battle against Cersi, North vs South, etc.

Shit, maybe Dani dies now and John fights for the Iron Throne
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:34 am

I heard that they were going to put GRRM on the Iron Throne ... since he has so much fucking free time.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:37 am

California wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 am
Shit, maybe Dani dies now and John fights for the Iron Throne
Dani is not going to die now...

They have worked way to hard to set up her character.

It might be the beginning of the end for her... but she will survive to at least the final episode.

Maybe Cersi kills her... and then Cersi dies... a good tragedy needs a big blood bath.

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:32 am

The zombie battle will take up most of the next episode or two...

Then what...

I think something along those lines. There's an after story once the dead are dead-dead and the leader of the world is chosen. We also need a chunk of the last episode for all the feel-good/after care stuff that the audience needs. (What's the end story for all the characters still living. Married? Pregnant? Moving to Hawaii?)

I read a theory that Mr. Night King won't fall for Bran's trap, because he's taking dead-dragon on a ride to King's Landing, or to go South of Winterfell at least, to hit Winterfell where it's not prepared to battle. Seems entirely plausible.

I don't see Dany nor Jon alive by the end. If I had to choose one to live, my money is on Jon. Dany's a goner.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 pm

Like I say, Dany kills Jon, or Jon kills Dany, if one of the lead characters isn't backstabbed by the other, that's just bad writing. Happily ever after for the fail, one of them needs the Ned Stark/Rob Stark treatment, if not both of them.
*yip*

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:55 pm

Crown the Hound. Execute Arya.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:22 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 pm
Like I say, Dany kills Jon, or Jon kills Dany, if one of the lead characters isn't backstabbed by the other, that's just bad writing. Happily ever after for the fail, one of them needs the Ned Stark/Rob Stark treatment, if not both of them.
Na...

Dany might die... but not by Jon's hand.

She will be undone by her own hubris.

Jon will try to save her but fail... cuz he's like that... the ubercuck.

Maybe Jon gets uncucked somehow... they are angling in that direction but that would have to be some great writing if they pull it off...

...and I'm not sure they are that good...