Game of Thrones - mostly

brewster

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by brewster » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:05 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:59 am
I jokingly suggested drywaller stilts to my client. I've seen them in productions before, even with skates!
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:30 pm

brewster wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:57 am
Kath wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:11 pm
For Brewster:

Exactly fucking right! This is the story of my life. Christ, I was just sent a drawing this week of a gown they wanted to do tricks, but it was "fashion drawing", where her legs were 3/4 of her height, and so it looked like a woman was standing on a stool hidden by the dress. How the fuck do you make something they'll be happy with when you can't even make it look like the drawing under any circumstances?

And I am just now imagining you're customer base as mainly cosplayers. :geek:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:05 pm

BjornP wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:30 pm
And I am just now imagining you're customer base as mainly cosplayers. :geek:
I'm actually at a loss to make a clear distinction between my industry niche's customer base and cosplayers. I suppose it's probably mainly price point, since cosplayers would insist they perform and not all actors make money at it. Is someone like Katy Perry a cosplayer?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:07 pm

episode 2 leaked early, largely similar to the first episode, a few story developments and a lot of fan service. next episode shit hits the fan, i still believe they can pull it off

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Stall tactics are a helluva drug. They sacrifice the quality of the last three seasons in particular, to save up for a big boom in the final season, and still they stall in that final season.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Ok, I’m ready now.

Grey Worm, Briene, Tormund, Jon’s Night Watch friend, Sansa, Jamie, and Jorah all die next week.

Army retreats to the islands. The dead take down Kings Landing before the superfriends get back to fighting.

Red woman somehow takes down the ice dragon. Arya kills Jaqar who is fighting/spying for the night king and dies. Tyrion does something brilliant at the end, Bron saves the world by killing the Night King lieutenant.

Bran sacrifices himself to lure the night king into a trap.
Dani and Jon take the throne together.

It is known.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:36 pm

Dany kills Jon or Jon kills Dany. Or these writers are retarded.

Epic backstab needs to happen, I think it might be Dany who kills Jon, I think Tyrion is wrong about Dany, she isn't different, she just puts on a good front, but beneath it all, she's a Targaryen, just like her father, just less crazy, so much more dangerous.

Jon might be too much of a Stark, not enough of a Targaryen, where as Dany is the real deal unwilling to give up power or share it. I don't think she will risk losing her position to someone with a better claim to the throne than her, even if it's the one she loves, nor grant the North independence, no matter how hard they fight for her. She can't afford to trust Jon, because if she's wrong about him, she could lose everything she's worked for, Marlo Stanfield knows.

Either way it makes the surviving character infinitely cooler than they are now.

Either Jon remembers who he really is, embraces that Targaryen shit like a bad ass and stakes his claim to Iron throne because it's the truth, which is also simultaneously Real Ned Stark shit, for a real cool mix of both Houses.

or

Dany actually does something interesting for a fucking change and becomes a real Iron Lady. She gets over sentimental attachments like love, and kills off her greatest potential rival before he smartens the fuck up. Go Stalin on Jon's ass, take out Sansa as well. Bran and Sam would have to go if they don't conveniently die for her during the battle.

Fuck that boring marriage shit, and the horse it rode in on.

Varys said it last week, nothing ever lasts. If Jon and Dany make nice and live happily ever after, the ending is going to suck. If one backstabs the other, it has potential.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:09 pm

Ooh yes. Dani goes Mad King and Jon puts her down... that has potential.

But. Watching the post-show things with Benioff and Weiss, those guys are kind of retarded. I doubt they could imagine such a thing. Plus the backlash from feminists would be truly epic. Something on the scale of mass hysteria.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:12 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:09 pm

But. Watching the post-show things with Benioff and Weiss, those guys are kind of retarded. I doubt they could imagine such a thing. Plus the backlash from feminists would be truly epic. Something on the scale of mass hysteria.
Yeah I have no faith that they are good enough at their jobs to realize this, after they brought Jon back to life in the most predictable fake cliffhanger ever. This show is at it's best when it subverts happy endings for real cool backstabbing and doesn't take back the consequences of it with lame magic. If they forget that, the ending is going to suck. You can have a happy ending or two, but everyone else needs to get fucked real bad, a lot of people need to die, including fan favorites, or they won't nail the landing.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:15 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:12 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:09 pm

Yeah I have no faith that they are good enough at their jobs to realize this, after they brought Jon back to life in the most predictable fake cliffhanger ever. This show is at it's best when it subverts happy endings for real cool backstabbing and doesn't take back the consequences of it with lame magic. If they forget that, the ending is going to suck. You can have a happy ending or two, but everyone else needs to get fucked real bad.
The show was doing that when it took its story from RR Martin. We’re 4 seasons into B&W winging it now and you can see the difference clearly.

Dani and Jon get married in the show. But not the books.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace