Game of Thrones - mostly

Kath

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Kath » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:09 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:00 pm
But yeah, skipping the GoT credits is dumb, if you cant rock to that theme song, that's just weird.
The song itself is fantastic, but if I'm on a binge watch, it can get old. Might be my favorite theme song, ever. Really weaves into the whole story perfectly.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:09 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:00 pm
But yeah, skipping the GoT credits is dumb, if you cant rock to that theme song, that's just weird.
The song itself is fantastic, but if I'm on a binge watch, it can get old. Might be my favorite theme song, ever. Really weaves into the whole story perfectly.
It only starts gets old if you watch more than like four episodes at a time, even then it's very tolerable compared to most credit sequences of that length.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:23 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:07 pm
As you re-watch it, if you look for it, I'm sure you will notice it. Most of the time, the locations shown in the episode are in the credits, but sometimes they aren't, and sometimes they don't show all the locations they visit that week.

Episodes that take place in one location that show more than one location on the map, are the obvious ones off the top of my head, also Oldtown isn't shown in many of the episodes that it appears in, but does in some others.
Maybe, then, it's only showing castles that are currently active in the story, but not necessarily in that episode.

Old Town was really only in Season 7, right? I'll keep my eye out.

Opening credits without a wall should be fun.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:58 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:51 pm

From the pics I've seen it's all barbarian, knights and medieval shit. I hope there some good sex and violence, pestilence and plague, castle intrigue and assassinations.
Should you decide to watch, don't skip over the opening credits. The map itself is a summary of which castles are involved in the episode, so it changes, sometimes every episode. If the song starts to annoy you, put it on mute, rather than skipping over it. It took me a couple of seasons to figure it out. Totally worth the extra couple of minutes.
Thanks, I'll report back after I watch the first episode
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:30 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:27 pm

I'm confident you'll enjoy it. Plenty of death in Ep 1 to whet your appetite. Then you'll need to exit the thread, I'm afraid*. You have 70+ hours of homework to do, first. :-) I envy those who get to watch for the first time.

*Unless you don't mind spoilers that will mostly not make any sense.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:58 pm
Should you decide to watch, don't skip over the opening credits. The map itself is a summary of which castles are involved in the episode, so it changes, sometimes every episode. If the song starts to annoy you, put it on mute, rather than skipping over it. It took me a couple of seasons to figure it out. Totally worth the extra couple of minutes.
I had no idea!! I always skip it, pride myself on knowing exactly where to click on the bar. Really, the only credits I ever watch is Berlin Station's Bowie song I'm Afraid of Americans.

My ending: Turns out the Children of the Forest tending the 3 eyed raven were dissidents, the real Children are still behind the Night King, they're fighting a war to take back their homeland and win.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:33 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:31 pm

My ending: Turns out the Children of the Forest tending the 3 eyed raven were dissidents, the real Children are still behind the Night King, they're fighting a war to take back their homeland and win.
Was Bran the builder one of them and/or is current Bran/Bran the builder the same person?

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:33 pm
brewster wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Was Bran the builder one of them and/or is current Bran/Bran the builder the same person?
Bran is/was/will be! He is the Kwisatz Haderach! There's some really crazy fan theories out there concerning Bran and his ability to have steered history.

Honestly, I'm doubting any of the contending characters end up on the throne. Maybe Varys convinces them to form a Republic.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:27 pm

I suggest watching the first two episodes in one sitting. It takes a little bit to set the hook.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:47 pm

What bothers you the most about GoT?

For me it's the notion that every soldier wears armor all the time, followed closely by no one but redshirts wears hats, even in fucking blizzards beyond the wall. It's not like people can't follow action of people in hats, we watched westerns for decades!