Game of Thrones - mostly

C-Mag

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by C-Mag » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Kath wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:55 pm
C-Mag wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:51 pm
I hope there some good sex and violence, pestilence and plague, castle intrigue and assassinations.
That's pretty much the plot. Lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm definitely in then.

That's why we love the medieval period.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Go white walkers πŸ’―

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:58 pm

From the pics I've seen it's all barbarian, knights and medieval shit. I hope there some good sex and violence, pestilence and plague, castle intrigue and assassinations.
Should you decide to watch, don't skip over the opening credits. The map itself is a summary of which castles are involved in the episode, so it changes, sometimes every episode. If the song starts to annoy you, put it on mute, rather than skipping over it. It took me a couple of seasons to figure it out. Totally worth the extra couple of minutes.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:58 pm

TheReal_ND wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 pm
Go white walkers πŸ’―
I hope The Night King wins. If he doesn't get any lines of dialogue before the end though, that's just shitty writing.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:59 pm

Go white walkers πŸ’―
I can't wait to see more white dragon. Fire v ice, baby!

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:00 pm

StCapps wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:58 pm
Go white walkers πŸ’―
I hope The Night King wins. If he doesn't get any lines of dialogue before the end though, that's just shitty writing.
I can't imagine he and Jon aren't going to have a conversation along the way. I have no delusions that The Night King wins this, though. Seriously?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:00 pm

From the pics I've seen it's all barbarian, knights and medieval shit. I hope there some good sex and violence, pestilence and plague, castle intrigue and assassinations.
Should you decide to watch, don't skip over the opening credits. The map itself is a summary of which castles are involved in the episode, so it changes, sometimes every episode. If the song starts to annoy you, put it on mute, rather than skipping over it. It took me a couple of seasons to figure it out. Totally worth the extra couple of minutes.
Not entirely accurate, they often show locations on the map that don't appear in the episode, and vice versa, though there is some overlap. But yeah, skipping the GoT credits is dumb, if you cant rock to that theme song, that's just weird.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:01 pm

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:00 pm
Go white walkers πŸ’―
I can't imagine he and Jon aren't going to have a conversation along the way. I have no delusions that The Night King wins this, though. Seriously?
He won't win, but it would be cool if he did. If him and Jon Snow don't have some kind of sit-down, I'd be shocked, that would be indicative of rushing the ending.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Not entirely accurate, they often show locations on the map that don't appear in the episode, and vice versa, though there is some overlap. But yeah, skipping the GoT credits is dumb, if you cant rock to that theme song, that's just weird.
Hm. Got an example? This is most notable as Daenerys wanders around Essos, freeing everyone. Every time she arrived in a new location, that location arrived on the map and was immediately dropped when she moved on. Qarth, Astapur, Mereen, etc.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:03 pm
Hm. Got an example? This is most notable as Daenerys wanders around Essos, freeing everyone. Every time she arrived in a new location, that location arrived on the map and was immediately dropped when she moved on. Qarth, Astapur, Mereen, etc.
As you re-watch it, if you look for it, I'm sure you will notice it. Most of the time, the locations shown in the episode are in the credits, but sometimes they aren't, and sometimes they don't show all the locations they visit that week.

Episodes that take place in one location that show more than one location on the map, are the obvious ones off the top of my head, also Oldtown isn't shown in many of the episodes that it appears in, but does in some others.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*