F35
39%
A10
61%

Total votes: 18

Speaker to Animals

Re: F35 vs. A10?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:47 am

Yeah, this is childish bullshit yet again from you two dumbasses. Whatever. Moving on. It is obvious neither of you know what you are talking about. Feel free to bury the thread with your shit posting to hide your loss. Faggots.

This is why I was happy to see you two vanish. If you want to actually debate, great. Otherwise, go back to fucking each other in your third world trailer park, you fucking yardies.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:00 am

I'm not filled with resentment, if people don't like the F-35, whatever, it's deeply entrenched now.

Millerist Reform Hacks failed to get it cancelled, F-35 has already won, there's no need to go over it ad nauseum. F-15 spot buys will make no difference, since only a tiny number of air forces fly a tiny number of F-15's.

Anyone who is under the impression that F-15 is going to displace F-35 is clearly deluded. The only competition was Super Hornet, but nobody bought them neither.

Lockheed Martin already beat McDonnell Douglas a long time ago, that's how Boeing ended up buying it out.

The only reason Boeing did that was for the JSF program. Ever since they lost the competition, St.Louis has been moribund, Lockheed Martin is still selling more F-16's than Eagles and Hornets combined.

St.Louis is one production line turning out a few dozen jets, Lockheed Martin has three production lines, Texas, Italy and Japan, turning out hundreds of jets, this is not actually a competition anymore.

Boeing has run out of orders, Airbus has run out of orders, Dassault has run out of orders, Saab has run out of orders.

F-35 has wiped the competition out already.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 pm

USAF
The A-10 Will Be Flying Into The 2030s

That would put it 60 years in service. Not bad for an aircraft the Air Force top brass don't want, but the US Army loves

https://warnewsupdates.blogspot.com/201 ... 2030s.html
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:31 pm

They are stuck with it because the F-35 still cannot perform CAS all that close to friendlies and nobody thought to order a new CAS airframe..

The Pentagon really just needs to give the A-10 squadrons to the Army.

From just a few months ago:

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2019/06 ... -problems/

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:01 am

I didn't realize it was having those problems as well.
The idea that you can build one universal aircraft is silly. It may be possible in the future, but not yet.

I agree they should turn the A10 over to the Army, but they won't by mutual agreement. The Army doesn't need the headache of taking on additional air ops, and the AF won't let go of the mission.

The insane thing is, CAS is the primary combat role of the AF right now, and they just want to relive WWII Fighter pilot days.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the A10 as a CAS airframe. Is there a better CAS aircraft in the world right now ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:21 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:01 am
I didn't realize it was having those problems as well.
The idea that you can build one universal aircraft is silly. It may be possible in the future, but not yet.

I agree they should turn the A10 over to the Army, but they won't by mutual agreement. The Army doesn't need the headache of taking on additional air ops, and the AF won't let go of the mission.

The insane thing is, CAS is the primary combat role of the AF right now, and they just want to relive WWII Fighter pilot days.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the A10 as a CAS airframe. Is there a better CAS aircraft in the world right now ?
Depends on the mission. For some things, you might be better off with the old Sandies.

I am not really sold on using a jet for CAS anyway. The A-10 is designed to intercept and destroy tank columns, not really pure CAS. My understanding of CAS is that you'd want an airframe that can linger in a pretty small area and work in concert with troops. Once you go to jets, troops on the ground have to accommodate the aircraft, which seems backwards to me.

I'd want Sandy. If I thought I needed bigger guns than that, then maybe a CAS version of the AC-130.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:52 am

I had an old First Sergeant who was a grunt in Vietnam. He said the Sky Raiders were their favorite primarily due to loiter time. I know the AF was testing Super Taconos for the role, but they look pretty fragile.

I'd think we can come up with something better.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:08 am

If they spent half as much time and money developing lightweight armor as they spent on that ridiculous stealth skin that peels off, you could have a decent CAS plane by now.

Creating a better Sky Raider for today's battlefield is a matter of armoring the thing, boosting engine power, and spending a lot of time on ECM.

It does not need the expensive avionics, so MIC and her bought politicians would try to kill such a project.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:07 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:43 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:41 pm
StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:35 pm
It's not everyone, just DSL, his opinion on people wanting you gone, is of course completely unfounded. It's just him.
Whatever.

His loss.
DSL just has a tendency to think that way more people agree with him then is actually the case, this another prime example of that.
Yes. I voted for the A10 but I am an Army guy, of course I did.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:33 am

Big Claim
Stealthy no more? A German radar vendor says it tracked the F-35 jet in 2018 — from a pony farm

The story that follows is a snapshot in the cat-and-mouse game between combat aircraft — designed to be undetectable by radar — and sensor makers seeking to undo that advantage. In the case of the F-35, the promise of invisibility to radar is so pronounced that it has colored much of the jet's employment doctrine, lending an air of invincibility to the weapon: The enemy never saw it coming.

But technology leaps only last so long, and Russia and China are known to be working on technology aimed at nixing whatever leg up NATO countries have tried to build for themselves.

Now, German radar-maker Hensoldt claims to have tracked two F-35s for 150 kilometers following the 2018 Berlin Air Show in Germany in late April of that year. The company’s passive radar system, named TwInvis, is but one of an emerging generation of sensors and processors so sensitive and powerful that it promises to find previously undetectable activities in a given airspace.
https://www.c4isrnet.com/intel-geoint/s ... pony-farm/
PLATA O PLOMO