Good simple recipes

heydaralon

Good simple recipes

Post by heydaralon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:20 am

I am cooking shit on a daily basis now, which believe it or not, is a form of evolution for me. Chicken beef pork etc are things I usually go to, but there are a few other recipes I know and like. Are there any cheap relatively easy things to make for someone with little to no cooking skills? What are your go to simple recipes?
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Re: Good simple recipes

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:26 am

My pasta sauce is just ground beef lightly browned in olive oil, pressed garlic, canned plum tomatoes, cremini mushrooms, oregano, bit of tomato paste, dash of vino, slow cook, salt to taste. Make pasta. I recommend Barilla pasta.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:32 am

Clam chowder. Brown bacon with onions, add potatoes, boil, when cooked, add clams and carnation canned milk.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:35 am

Chili. Brown beef. Add peppers and onions, back and kidney beans, flavor with cumin. Serve with melted cheese sour cream and tortilla chips.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:43 am

Chicken Nachos. Brown chicken, spread on nachos with Monterrey jack, add jalapeno coins, bake, sprinkle with onions, serve with sour cream, or guacamole. Guacamole is mash avocado, add fresh squeezed lemon, salt and Tabasco to taste
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:51 am

Roast beef sandwich. Shaved rare roast beef, extra old cheddar cheese, sliced tomatoes, on croissant with Maille Dijon and horseradish, serve with dill pickle.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 am

Submarine sandwich. Assorted meats and cheese slices, shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced onions and tomatoes, garnish with Italian dressing on sub bun. Serve with kettle cooked potato chips.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:55 am

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:56 am

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:05 am

Easiest thing for me that fulfills my protein needs is to chop three large chicken breasts, slice 1-2 onions, and slice a handful of sweet peppers.

Put onions in large skillet with olive oil on medium heat first while you prepare everything else. Add salt and garlic powder to them (or chop a few garlic cloves if you want less simple).

Place the chicken and sweet peppers in a mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, olive oil, and some kind of seasoning mix. Stir it up well.

Add chicken and peppers to skillet and cook to however you like it.

For carbs you could start a small pot of rice when you started the onions.

Use whatever seasoning mix you want. Southwest, habanero lime, and cajun seasonings work well.

Should take you about 20 minutes or so and you can store half of it in a container. Three large chicken breasts should give you enough protein for the day. You need greens, though, which you can get with some peas or lima beans you heat in microwave, or drinking kale juice, etc.

If you use sesame oil you can cook at a higher temperature and get it done faster. I prefer olive oil for health reasons, so it takes maybe five minutes longer to cook.