The National Debt Thread

Smitty-48

Re: The National Debt Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:31 am

Basically, America can spend limitlessly, until some other country starts protecting property, but since none of them do, King Dollah could build a starship if he wanted to.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:32 am

It doesn't make any sense for me to fret about the National Debt. I suppose at some point it will catch up to us, I'm willing to bet I do OK in economic anarchy. A fuck of a lot better than the welfare queens, who'd be cut loose.

In the mean time. We are an economic super power in the world, made this point before. Of the G7, the US economy is greater than all the other G7 members combined.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:31 am
Basically, America can spend limitlessly, until some other country starts protecting property, but since none of them do, King Dollah could build a starship if he wanted to.
Don't have to be Usain Bolt to outrun the competition, outrunning nations that don't protect property is something that America can and does easily accomplish. SIFCLF's think the sky is about to fall, but they would think that wouldn't they?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:36 am

See, this is the Big Lie in the American mythology; that the War of Independence was a war for democracy.

In reality, the Shot Heard Round The World, was a war for property.

Fuck democracy, property rights are the source of American power, property rights are the source of American freedom.

Democracy is the scourge of America, it's just a safety valve to stave off civil war.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:09 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:32 am
It doesn't make any sense for me to fret about the National Debt. I suppose at some point it will catch up to us, I'm willing to bet I do OK in economic anarchy. A fuck of a lot better than the welfare queens, who'd be cut loose.

In the mean time. We are an economic super power in the world, made this point before. Of the G7, the US economy is greater than all the other G7 members combined.
The debt is largely irrelevant, unless and until another Liberty Nation appeared on earth.

Then you'd feel the pressure.

If there was another America out there, then you'd have to compete with them.

Since there isn't another America out there, there's no competition.

So world capital has nowhere else to flee, so they have to pay you for that service.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:51 am

In the good name of the federal city, I command thee!

:lol: :goteam: :drunk:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:42 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:25 am

While errybody was deep into Muh Mueller the last few days, federal city got the Forever Swamp fortified.

Trump Kills the Tea Party
After claiming to be the greatest at just about everything, Donald Trump has finally found an area where he can stake a credible claim. By negotiating a disastrous budget deal with Democrats, the President could become the greatest creator of government debt in the history of the country. While Trump is selling the two-year deal as a major victory because it increases military spending and removes the possibility of a government shutdown for two years, in reality, the agreement to suspend the debt ceiling and push annual deficits even further above the trillion dollar mark may only succeed in destroying the Republican Party as we know it.

The Tea Party wave of 2009 and 2010, a Republican movement born in reaction to the budget blowouts of the Obama Presidency, is now officially dead. It’s ironic that as Trump hammered the final nail into the Tea Party’s coffin, no one seemed happier than the corpse itself! There was hardly a word of discomfort from all the Republican Senators and Congressmen who had so loudly railed against debt when the other party occupied the White House. There is simply no legitimate way that Republicans will ever be able to argue again that they are the party of fiscal discipline. They may try, but only the most partisan and credulous voters will buy it.

. . .

In the coming years, multi-trillion dollar annual deficits could be the norm, until we start measuring the numbers by the tens of trillions. This merry-go-round will keep spinning until the ride crashes. There will be no cavalry to ride to the rescue. The deficit hawks in the Republican Party have all joined the other side. While this may make things easier for the politicians, it will make things much harder for the public.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:34 am

My guess is Capital Hill knows it’s the end game, so might as well pillage the passengers since the train can no longer be stopped from going over the cliff.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:35 am

Fife wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:25 am
While errybody was deep into Muh Mueller the last few days, federal city got the Forever Swamp fortified.

Trump Kills the Tea Party
After claiming to be the greatest at just about everything, Donald Trump has finally found an area where he can stake a credible claim. By negotiating a disastrous budget deal with Democrats, the President could become the greatest creator of government debt in the history of the country. While Trump is selling the two-year deal as a major victory because it increases military spending and removes the possibility of a government shutdown for two years, in reality, the agreement to suspend the debt ceiling and push annual deficits even further above the trillion dollar mark may only succeed in destroying the Republican Party as we know it.

The Tea Party wave of 2009 and 2010, a Republican movement born in reaction to the budget blowouts of the Obama Presidency, is now officially dead. It’s ironic that as Trump hammered the final nail into the Tea Party’s coffin, no one seemed happier than the corpse itself! There was hardly a word of discomfort from all the Republican Senators and Congressmen who had so loudly railed against debt when the other party occupied the White House. There is simply no legitimate way that Republicans will ever be able to argue again that they are the party of fiscal discipline. They may try, but only the most partisan and credulous voters will buy it.

. . .

In the coming years, multi-trillion dollar annual deficits could be the norm, until we start measuring the numbers by the tens of trillions. This merry-go-round will keep spinning until the ride crashes. There will be no cavalry to ride to the rescue. The deficit hawks in the Republican Party have all joined the other side. While this may make things easier for the politicians, it will make things much harder for the public.
*yip*