The National Debt Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The National Debt Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:59 pm

What happened in venezuela, Martin? Why has it been in hyper-inflation for 2 years? Not enough consumption?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:02 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:59 pm
What happened in venezuela, Martin? Why has it been in hyper-inflation for 2 years? Not enough consumption?
Do you work for our local newspaper because they intentionally reversed my words also.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:56 pm
Inflation is everywhere. Housing prices, tuition, car prices.

Everything heavily leveraged with debt is inflated as fuck.
3% inflation is good, which is what most things see. Housing & tuition though - Jesus, can't you make the connection of production = consumption? Housing is limited, and prestige tuition is even more so.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:06 pm
Jesus, can't you make the connection of production = consumption? Housing is limited, and prestige tuition is even more so.
Because I know that production and consumption are generally always equal, and that prices are determined by supply and demand. If you flood the monetary system with more funny money, prices will go up, no differently than prices went up on houses, tuition, cars, and anything else subject to monetary inflation as a result of usury.

Usury and monetary debasement are essentially the same crimes.

To wit: I bet you production = consumption right fucking now in Caracas. It doesn't mean shit.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:47 pm

I think I see the disconnect here. You mentioned a few pages ago that “if the money went to the 0.1%”.

Well it does. Always. That much should be obvious. The government prints money, and pays it out to government contractors, government agencies, government bond holders (many of which are the government itself), and government subsidies.

You may have been under the impression that this was all going to welfare/social security, but it’s not. Even most of that money goes into government overhead, and raises medical prices even higher into the stratosphere. The only reason that’s not noticed is that Americans have been brainwashed into believing that medical insurance should be a necessity for healthcare.

The only reason you haven’t seen hyperinflation here yet, is that the Ubermensch can only consume a tiny amount of resources at a time, compared to the 99%. But it is happening.

That money flows like a tidal wave among the Corporate Masters, and only slowly makes its way into the general economy. Bill Gates doesn’t buy a million cheeseburgers a year from local shops, for instance.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:56 pm

there's no way this won't lead to unforeseen consequences

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:00 pm

Normalize that data as a percent of GDP, though.

We could pay the national debt off in less than ten years with little pain if we really wanted to. They'd just have to stop spending money on entitlements and boondoggles like the California high speed rail system.

Democrats bitch about a five billion wall while they waste a trillion on bullshit.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:06 pm

yeah if we wanted to but we wont

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:00 pm
Normalize that data as a percent of GDP, though.

We could pay the national debt off in less than ten years with little pain if we really wanted to. They'd just have to stop spending money on entitlements and boondoggles like the California high speed rail system.

Democrats bitch about a five billion wall while they waste a trillion on bullshit.
Currently 108% of GDP and rising.

https://www.thebalance.com/national-deb ... ts-3306287

You should really try reading my posts.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:55 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:44 pm
Kath wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:59 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:37 pm
A few months ago was the last chance to let it land, but they yanked the stick again. We are currently stalling before The Plunge.

I give it a month.

Haven't you been predicting doom-n-gloom arrives any day now for about six years?
4 years ago I called the market crash. It could have been ended safely 4 years ago. At this point, it cannot.

The masters have decided to print until they die, and it’s far too late for “recovery”. This is the end of our financial system.

I thought it would be over around Christmas, and it nearly was. But their stupidity surpassed even my expectations. They yanked the stick straight back, and stalled the plane. Now we’re just waiting for the big one, and it’s very close.

The news is suddenly short of deficit talk, even as the interest is about to go beyond GDP. Orange monkey failed to stimulate absurd growth levels ( of course), and the chasm yawns before them.

Now we go into the final phase of capitalism. The presses are cranked to 11 all the way down, as the military preps for martial law. Meanwhile, the herd grazes peacefully in the meadow, unaware of what’s about to happen.

But yeah, brown people and stuff.
No offense man, but Kath is right. You have been preaching this for years, and you have only been occasionally and partially vindicated because of the frequency of your pronouncements. I can tell you every day that you will die, and look at the top 30 causes of mortality in this country, but just because you will eventually die from something (as death is a certainty for all of us) does not make my prediction good.

I do not see a good end to our society either, but to claim with any certainty when this will happen is a very foolish thing. Okee used to have his sig where he saved your quote saying the economy would collapse by spring of 2017.

I don't get this brown people strawman argument you are making. That is like some Stephen Colbert (the DNC pawn as confirmed by numerous leaked emails) garbage which I consider you far above. Why do you suppose that the elites and bankers want all these "brown people" coming in? You are utterly cynical on everything else that our govt and global corporations do. Do you think that a large influx of illegals is being encouraged so that your children can have awesome wages and a manageable tax burden? If you actually believe that, then I have a new cloak worn by the emperor to sell you. It is only visible to those who can truly understand its beauty and art.
Shikata ga nai