So yeah... my day has taken an interesting turn.

clubgop

Re: So yeah... my day has taken an interesting turn.

Post by clubgop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:48 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:50 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:43 pm
Why would you give them that power? Just take the job, and bail when it suits you. You think they’d do any differently for you?

This is late-stage Capitalism baby. You get yours at all cost.
+1

It's literally all a game to see how much you can loot for yourself and if you aren't in the position to do any looting or at least able to help your boss do it while taking a cut, you are the one being looted. The 1960's managerial model has been over and one of the greatest tricks of the newest managerial class has been learning how to convince you that you aren't completely disposable since 1980. If you ever for a second believe otherwise, stop and become a sociopath. Weigh everything critically because these fucking maggots go to school and pay good money to learn how to manipulate their employees into believing that their days aren't numbered while the days are being crossed off until they can replace their staff with H1B workers.
Dont know about your industry but in mine, you pull something like that and you could end up ass out, if not, you'll get a bad rep quick. Too many alumni gatherings and CE shindigs where people talk shop.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:19 am

Those two are Ultimate Sky Is Falling Chicken Little Faggot Millennial Drama Queens.

Those two are the fuckin' poster children for it.

At least Dukenog has his own brand tho

SuburbanFarmer is sad and failing, worst handle evah.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Monday came and went, China is dragging their asses... grrrr.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:17 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:48 am
TheReal_ND wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Why would you give them that power? Just take the job, and bail when it suits you. You think they’d do any differently for you?

+1

It's literally all a game to see how much you can loot for yourself and if you aren't in the position to do any looting or at least able to help your boss do it while taking a cut, you are the one being looted. The 1960's managerial model has been over and one of the greatest tricks of the newest managerial class has been learning how to convince you that you aren't completely disposable since 1980. If you ever for a second believe otherwise, stop and become a sociopath. Weigh everything critically because these fucking maggots go to school and pay good money to learn how to manipulate their employees into believing that their days aren't numbered while the days are being crossed off until they can replace their staff with H1B workers.
Dont know about your industry but in mine, you pull something like that and you could end up ass out, if not, you'll get a bad rep quick. Too many alumni gatherings and CE shindigs where people talk shop.
Not a likely thing, unless you’re specialized in a single industry. There aren’t a lot of IT gatherings around here.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:24 am

clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

+1

If someone can’t understand a job landing in your lap that you’d be a fool to pass up and taking it... then they aren’t a group you want to work for...

Contract job: Tech II

Full time job: Director of Global IT/Infrastructure.

You tell me which one looks better on the resume.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:48 am

People should treat employers as disposable no differently than employers treat employees. One reason employers treat people like shit is that they are rarely confronted. Employees should bail on shitty jobs if they have better opportunities.

The notion that you owe a damned thing to employers is a farce. Your labor is a business and you need to make business decisions that maximize your return no differently than employers.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:35 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:24 am
clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:

+1

If someone can’t understand a job landing in your lap that you’d be a fool to pass up and taking it... then they aren’t a group you want to work for...

What looks better is you accepting a position and not quitting 2 weeks later, especially when you knew this might be a possibility. Don't be an amoral liberal, leave that to others.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:49 am

clubgop wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:35 am
The Conservative wrote:
clubgop wrote:

What looks better is you accepting a position and not quitting 2 weeks later, especially when you knew this might be a possibility. Don't be an amoral liberal, leave that to others.
When you were promised a 1 yr+ contract, and it turns into a 3 month contract. I’ll takr my chances.

My family is more important than the shuck and jive they did.
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:53 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:49 am
clubgop wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:35 am
The Conservative wrote:

When you were promised a 1 yr+ contract, and it turns into a 3 month contract. I’ll takr my chances.

My family is more important than the shuck and jive they did.
Like I said different industry. Unless I am working with an agency a 3 month position for an employer is very stupid.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:25 am

Titles help, but gambling the shot at a "director" title vs. having no income and a big employment gap on the resume isn't a risk I'd take. Especially since "Director" experience at some unknown startup that crashed isn't going to lead to a job as "Director" at a large and successful company. Just like CEO's of unknown, dead, start-ups aren't recruited to become CEOs of GM, Apple, or Target. Titles without tangible results aren't worth much at highly competitive and successful organizations.

/shrug

Either way I hope things work out for you. My advice would be to minimize your risk and maximize your rewards - whichever path you think that is.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"