So yeah... my day has taken an interesting turn.

C-Mag

Re: So yeah... my day has taken an interesting turn.

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:15 pm

I'm with Brewster.
Lay it out. Tell them straight up. I understand you can't pay me 3X as much for Level 2 work, but this is business and if I can get 3X as much I have to do it for the best interests of my family.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:27 pm

brewster wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:06 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 pm
Final round of interviews tomorrow. On top of that another company wants me. Deadline for saying yes is tomorrow too.

The difference is this:

Company 1: contract ⅓ the income of 2, but willing to say yes to me.

Company 2: Final interview tomorrow, will not have an answer till next week perhaps. But pay is 3 times as much as company 1.

Do I take company 1 job, then accept company 2 if they offer it to me?

Job one is a Tier 2 tech, Job 2 is a global administrator/Sr. Mgr of IT Infrastructure to deal with China/US/Canada infrastructure/IT.

I say yes, but that’s me...
What's so bad about telling #1 the absolute truth that you're waiting on a much better job, since they know you're in play? Will they not give you a week? My son is in a similar position, has an offer from the less desirable company, but doesn't interview and hear from the other till the end of next month. Since it wouldn't start till after school is out in May, we told him it was OK to tell #1 yes and then bail on them if #2 comes through.
Company 1 wants me to sign an employee at will, but 1year guarantee co tract with me.

The other is well, a better job.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Why would you give them that power? Just take the job, and bail when it suits you. You think they’d do any differently for you?

This is late-stage Capitalism baby. You get yours at all cost.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:50 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:43 pm
Why would you give them that power? Just take the job, and bail when it suits you. You think they’d do any differently for you?

+1

It's literally all a game to see how much you can loot for yourself and if you aren't in the position to do any looting or at least able to help your boss do it while taking a cut, you are the one being looted. The 1960's managerial model has been over and one of the greatest tricks of the newest managerial class has been learning how to convince you that you aren't completely disposable since 1980. If you ever for a second believe otherwise, stop and become a sociopath. Weigh everything critically because these fucking maggots go to school and pay good money to learn how to manipulate their employees into believing that their days aren't numbered while the days are being crossed off until they can replace their staff with H1B workers.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:52 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:50 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:43 pm

+1

It's literally all a game to see how much you can loot for yourself and if you aren't in the position to do any looting or at least able to help your boss do it while taking a cut, you are the one being looted. The 1960's managerial model has been over and one of the greatest tricks of the newest managerial class has been learning how to convince you that you aren't completely disposable since 1980. If you ever for a second believe otherwise, stop and become a sociopath. Weigh everything critically because these fucking maggots go to school and pay good money to learn how to manipulate their employees into believing that their days aren't numbered while the days are being crossed off until they can replace their staff with H1B workers.
Work is bullshit, jobs are jails, join the anti-work movement, it's the only way to rid yourself of the welfare state.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:57 pm

I literally ride around and rob people (in a consensual manner with contracts.) Way ahead of you. I mean it still takes a lot of fucking hard work, don't let Hollywood tell you otherwise. I think one of the biggest lies sold to us is that it's easy to get ahead if you drop all pretexts in a high trust society. The opposite is true. It makes it easier for the fuckers that put in the work already and they are just indoctrinating you into believing you will get ahead too while you line their pockets. This world is run by a literal band of theives and the last thing they will tell you to do is put in work.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:02 pm

You are far too negative, can't spend your whole life ranting and raving about it, it's shorter than you think, you're running out of time to just get on with life already.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:03 pm

I ran out of time already. I still enjoy ranting

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:05 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:03 pm
I ran out of time already. I still enjoy ranting
Moderation in all things including moderation, but you need to lighten up, Francis.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:23 pm

So, final interview was today. It was with four people instead of two. I was told I will hear back Monday with an offer.

Sounds like I got the job.
#NotOneRedCent