So yeah... my day has taken an interesting turn.

The Conservative

Re: So yeah... my day has taken an interesting turn.

Post by The Conservative » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:58 am
Best wishes. I can hook you up with a moving company if you need one.
Thanks, hopefully better then the last two I used. One destroyed some old WWII hardware I had and refused to reimburse me for it.
#NotOneRedCent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:30 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Thanks, hopefully better then the last two I used. One destroyed some old WWII hardware I had and refused to reimburse me for it.
What was their names? I'm just curious, I forget if you said. I can probably ask around for a reputable company. I'm kind of in the industry.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:51 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:30 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
What was their names? I'm just curious, I forget if you said. I can probably ask around for a reputable company. I'm kind of in the industry.
Oscar moving
#NotOneRedCent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Oh yeah I remember now. Haven't heard of them but I bet I know someone that knows someone that owns it lol.

It's all jews btw

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:39 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:56 pm
Oh yeah I remember now. Haven't heard of them but I bet I know someone that knows someone that owns it lol.

It's all jews btw
Are you back working for the same guy?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:39 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:

It's all jews btw
No I'm freelance now. I have a truck and a piece of property. I am my own boss and vote straight ticket D because I appreciate power.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:51 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:39 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:

It's all jews btw
No I'm freelance now. I have a truck and a piece of property. I am my own boss and vote straight ticket D because I appreciate power.
Self-employed is the way to go. No shortage of motivation to go to work when you are your own boss.
Just don't forget to pay your taxes citizen.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Oh.... there are still shortages....

Some kind of capitalist magic going on when you can't compete with the people that captured the market and are willing to go to any lengths to secure it, even if it means calling in favors.

Capitalism lol

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Final round of interviews tomorrow. On top of that another company wants me. Deadline for saying yes is tomorrow too.

The difference is this:

Company 1: contract ⅓ the income of 2, but willing to say yes to me.

Company 2: Final interview tomorrow, will not have an answer till next week perhaps. But pay is 3 times as much as company 1.

Do I take company 1 job, then accept company 2 if they offer it to me?

Job one is a Tier 2 tech, Job 2 is a global administrator/Sr. Mgr of IT Infrastructure to deal with China/US/Canada infrastructure/IT.

I say yes, but that’s me...
#NotOneRedCent

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:06 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 pm
Final round of interviews tomorrow. On top of that another company wants me. Deadline for saying yes is tomorrow too.

The difference is this:

Company 1: contract ⅓ the income of 2, but willing to say yes to me.

Company 2: Final interview tomorrow, will not have an answer till next week perhaps. But pay is 3 times as much as company 1.

Do I take company 1 job, then accept company 2 if they offer it to me?

Job one is a Tier 2 tech, Job 2 is a global administrator/Sr. Mgr of IT Infrastructure to deal with China/US/Canada infrastructure/IT.

I say yes, but that’s me...
What's so bad about telling #1 the absolute truth that you're waiting on a much better job, since they know you're in play? Will they not give you a week? My son is in a similar position, has an offer from the less desirable company, but doesn't interview and hear from the other till the end of next month. Since it wouldn't start till after school is out in May, we told him it was OK to tell #1 yes and then bail on them if #2 comes through.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND