Authentic America

MilSpecs

Re: Authentic America

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:43 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:37 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 pm
She claims to have ancestors that came over on the Mayflower and as such speaks for all tvue Americans with her open boder penchants and third wave feminism.
Great a fucking Wasp Puritan... :lol: They're the best of the Anglo culture let me tell you.
Damn straight. They got the job done and gave us a strong and lasting society. Dutch New York did a pretty good job establishing capitalism as our economic philosophy along with religious tolerance. New England cities and towns gave us a strong desire for freedom. The same wanderlust that brought them all here in the first place founded the west. These attributes are all authentic America.
:royalty-queen:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:46 pm

By wanderlust she means being kicked out of their own nation for being bizarre puritanical Hebrew worshipping cultists.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:48 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:41 pm
You word that like you have an issue with the melting pot notion while I've seen you literally post we are a melting pot. The only issue you have with your fellow Americans is that they aren't liberal enough for your taste.
Most people who came here wanted to be Americans. The melting pot is just the spice, not the substance.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:53 pm

In the 18th and 19th centuries, the metaphor of a "crucible" or "smelting pot" was used to describe the fusion of different nationalities, ethnicities and cultures. It was used together with concepts of the United States as an ideal republic and a "city upon a hill" or new promised land.[citation needed] It was a metaphor for the idealized process of immigration and colonization by which different nationalities, cultures and "races" (a term that could encompass nationality, ethnicity and race proper) were to blend into a new, virtuous community, and it was connected to utopian visions of the emergence of an American "new man". While "melting" was in common use the exact term "melting pot" came into general usage in 1908, after the premiere of the play The Melting Pot by Israel Zangwill.
Your wasp culture is over and done and you still insist we all be like you losers. Sad!

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:55 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:46 pm
By wanderlust she means being kicked out of their own nation for being bizarre puritanical Hebrew worshipping cultists.
Massachusetts is hardly the only place that was colonized. I mentioned multiple other groups. The Dutch, the Quakers, the English, the French. The 13 colonies had colonists who were not Puritans. There was even a Catholic colony.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:57 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:53 pm
In the 18th and 19th centuries, the metaphor of a "crucible" or "smelting pot" was used to describe the fusion of different nationalities, ethnicities and cultures. It was used together with concepts of the United States as an ideal republic and a "city upon a hill" or new promised land.[citation needed] It was a metaphor for the idealized process of immigration and colonization by which different nationalities, cultures and "races" (a term that could encompass nationality, ethnicity and race proper) were to blend into a new, virtuous community, and it was connected to utopian visions of the emergence of an American "new man". While "melting" was in common use the exact term "melting pot" came into general usage in 1908, after the premiere of the play The Melting Pot by Israel Zangwill.
Your wasp culture is over and done and you still insist we all be like you losers. Sad!
Then why do you keep insisting you're part of it?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:59 pm

The Ductch, English and French colonists all shared the same strain of puritan protestantism. Quakers, and their French equivalent that I forget the name for alike. The Catholics were here first but whatever. Nobody from Catholic countries wanted to turn America into a papal state despite your protestant ancestors dizzying view of what makes America America.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:01 pm

Then why do you keep insisting you're part of it?
I don't identify with wasp culture. I find it to be a sick tree. Judge a tree by it's fruits and all that. It will be gone shortly after you leave this world.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:46 am

I think Anglicanism had a chance, but they were brought down low by their Protestant cousins. Now they have women priests celebrating gay marriages and driving Christians from the pews.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:28 am

America you are at war with yourself.

But then again... maybe you always have been.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty