Facebook Presence

Speaker to Animals

Re: Facebook Presence

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:56 am

He could do a YouTube series called Clownworld with Martin Hash, where he sits on his train, riding in circles, with a bottle of whiskey and rants about the system and the corrupt politicians.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:15 am

Proving my identity was not enough; today I had this Boost denied:

“Medicare for all” is NOT a good solution in our nation of liberty where choice is paramount: make it Medicare as an option.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:22 am

Becoming a Verified Identity has not improved my Boost rejections at all; I had 2 rejections in the past couple days for my Trump page. In fact one of the rejections was following a solicitation by Facebook to Boost the page, which I did, which they rejected. The other was more bizarre: I Boosted then got the normal "you must have your identity verified to post about issues of national importance," and I responded by saying I was already verified and provided my secret code. In return I received a message saying Facebook would review my case and respond in 24 hours; right at 24 hours I got the exact same rejection message I had the first time.

The Verification thing is obviously a scam; 99% of the people don't have a passport, or don't want to go through the hassle, and it takes over a week, so Facebook doesn't have to do anything, but I DID go through the trouble so that I could post on "issues of national importance." Still can't but what DID happen was seriously bent: I used to get 190-850 "people reached" a day (I assume that's how many personal Main pages they put my quote in per day) but now:

Specs After.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:32 am

Every time you post in this thread I find a new reason to pat myself on the back for ditching a year ago.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:45 am

Patience, Grasshoppers . . . follow DB's lead when you have the time.

Facebook is AIDS incarnate. Dead man walking.

If only we could get the federal government to take the entire internet's content over and Make Facebook Great Again. :goteam: :drunk:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:33 pm

I broke 100 Likes on my Economics FB page with "Libertyist" close behind. Since I have lots of quotes that are political, I started a new FB page, Nonpartisan

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:10 am

Everything back to normal. I guess they were trying to chase me off?

Boost Numbers Normal 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:58 am

Might be they're running out of options.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 am

It's very odd that the day after I post about my Facebook reach returning to normal, this happens:

New Low Reach.JPG

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:30 am

Elizabeth Warren is having a pissing match with FaceBook, and proving she has no idea what a monopoly is in the process:
...In a statement, a Facebook spokesperson said the ads that featured Facebook's logo were removed "because they violated our policies against use of our corporate logo," but that they were being restored "in the interest of allowing robust debate."

Warren said in a tweet that Facebook's initial removal of her ads showed the platform's outsize power.

"Curious why I think FB has too much power?" she tweeted Monday. "Let's start with their ability to shut down a debate over whether FB has too much power. Thanks for restoring my posts. But I want a social media marketplace that isn't dominated by a single censor. #BreakUpBigTech." ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/faceboo ... ak-up.html
Bitching on Twitter about FaceBook being the single social media censor.
Derp.

:lol: