Martin Van Creveld: The Priveleged Sex

heydaralon

Martin Van Creveld: The Priveleged Sex

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Another user on this forum put me onto Martin Van Creveld awhile back. If you have the chance, check him out on amazon. He is a very interesting thinker, and has written fiction I have enjoyed, but he is a professor who has written extensively about the history of war. I have not read his nonfiction, but I recently picked up a copy of his book on the history of Feminism, called "The Priveleged Sex." I am only at the first chapter, but he has already addressed, the myth of oppression. I will post more on this when I am done reading it, but this guy is pretty awesome. I wish that this book was in the top 100 on amazon, but sadly, the best books rarely are. Anyway, many people on this forum already know how much men have been emasculated and destroyed by Feminist lies, and there are quite a few posts discussing this already. But the holidays are upon us, and if you read this book, imagine how much knowledge you can spread to other members of your distant liberal family reading this book at the dinner table. :twisted:

Anyway, Creveld has another book out on Equality, another sacred cow of progressivism. This guy is the real deal, and he is probably someone you all should pay attention to if you care about the future of the West. Again, I will make another post when I finish this book. For the 1 or 2 people who bothered to read this, check out this awesome guy!
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Re: Martin Van Creveld: The Priveleged Sex

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Definitely going to checkout the Equality book. Its more fundamental than the sex issue. And its far more interesting. Good find. How do you have time for anything but reading?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:07 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:02 pm
Definitely going to checkout the Equality book. Its more fundamental than the sex issue. And its far more interesting. Good find. How do you have time for anything but reading?
I have a pitiful social life and I broke up with my girlfriend so that frees me up. I read on my breaks at work and when I get up in the morning before work and an hour before bed. Its probably not a great trade off to be honest. In fact, it definitely isn't at all.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:09 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:07 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
I have a pitiful social life and I broke up with my girlfriend so that frees me up. I read on my breaks at work and when I get up in the morning before work and an hour before bed. Its probably not a great trade off to be honest. In fact, it definitely isn't at all.
Are you currently watching a TV Show? Last movie you watched worth viewing in hindsight?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:25 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:09 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:07 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Are you currently watching a TV Show? Last movie you watched worth viewing in hindsight?
There is nothing out at the moment that looks good to me. In January, True Detective starts a third season, which will be a coin toss as to whether its good or not. That show You're the Worst is pretty funny, though its characters pretty much represent everything I loathe about our culture, especially California culture and it starts in January as well. West World made it 1 full season without imploding on itself, and Game of Thrones likewise has spent its load, so those are 2 shows I no longer care too much about. The Deuce season 3 will probably be out at some point in 2019, but as much as I enjoy that show, it is a Progressive minefield, with hidden agendas and bullshit that annoys me. In the past, I have wasted a lot of time on television, and I am trying to cut back, but unfortunately I always fall back into watching it. I think if we all got rid of our televisions, followed by our internet, we would go through severe withdrawals for awhile, not unlike a narcotics addiction, maybe for a few months. But once we broke our dependence, we would feel safer, happier, less anxious, and more fulfilled, assuming we used the time we all spend watching tv doing productive stuff. But I haven't been able to break this cycle myself, as I don't have the self discipline.
Shikata ga nai