The Truth About Veganism

Fife

Re: The Truth About Veganism

Post by Fife » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:18 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:14 pm
Yes, McDonalds is better nutrition than what you get in Communism.
Dude, that's like dividing by zero.

What do we think a father in Venezuela would do to give his daughter an egg McMuffin and a large O.J. tomorrow morning?

That's a very serious question, btw.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:55 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:03 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:50 pm
Doesn't evolutionary science tell us that Humans developed because they started on a high protein meat diet which resulted in increasingly higher brain function and problem solving ?
Brain size to grow when australipithicus began eating meat around 2 million years ago.

These retards are fucking literally with two million years of evolution. It is why they get so sick after a few years.
So, do Vegans just drain all the minerals from their bodies after several years ?

I remember back in the 90s, at the fall of Communism how in a just a few years, many of these countries from Soviet bloc to China were seeing growth spurts in their youth simply because of the huge nutrition boost they were getting now that McDonalds had moved in. Yes, McDonalds is better nutrition than what you get in Communism.

It's mainly the vitamins and micronutrients we cannot produce on our own. B12 is the famous one, but even cholesterol is a problem for them. They are basically starving themselves at the cellular level. We no longer possess the adaptations to eat plant-based diets without getting sick.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:18 pm

Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:55 pm
We no longer possess the adaptations to eat plant-based diets without getting sick.
No, we no longer possess the cultural heritage to know how to do it. It's tricky, a lot of vegans aren't that bright or don't want to bother to learn enough to be healthy. I had a vegan tenant couple, holy shit they were thin! I was terrified when they had a baby. There were cultures that were effectively vegan but had thousands of years of knowledge behind them on how to eat that way, like the Meso-American diet of corn treated with lime, beans and squash. When the Europeans took Maize back with them they didn't bother to learn the technology to unlock it's nutrition.

Wiki:
Adoption of the nixtamalization process did not accompany the grain to Europe and beyond, perhaps because the Europeans already had more efficient milling processes for hulling grain mechanically. Without alkaline processing, maize is a much less beneficial foodstuff, and malnutrition struck many areas where it became a dominant food crop. In the nineteenth century, pellagra epidemics were recorded in France, Italy, and Egypt, and kwashiorkor hit parts of Africa where maize had become a dietary staple.
My wife knew someone who had weird eating habits and got real sick, turned out to have scurvy! She also had a friend whose food phobia of salt was so bad her doctor told her she had to eat salt. She wasn't even hypertensive!
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:35 pm

brewster wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:18 pm
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:55 pm
We no longer possess the adaptations to eat plant-based diets without getting sick.
No, we no longer possess the cultural heritage to know how to do it. It's tricky, a lot of vegans aren't that bright or don't want to bother to learn enough to be healthy. I had a vegan tenant couple, holy shit they were thin! I was terrified when they had a baby. There were cultures that were effectively vegan but had thousands of years of knowledge behind them on how to eat that way, like the Meso-American diet of corn treated with lime, beans and squash. When the Europeans took Maize back with them they didn't bother to learn the technology to unlock it's nutrition.

Wiki:
Adoption of the nixtamalization process did not accompany the grain to Europe and beyond, perhaps because the Europeans already had more efficient milling processes for hulling grain mechanically. Without alkaline processing, maize is a much less beneficial foodstuff, and malnutrition struck many areas where it became a dominant food crop. In the nineteenth century, pellagra epidemics were recorded in France, Italy, and Egypt, and kwashiorkor hit parts of Africa where maize had become a dietary staple.
My wife knew someone who had weird eating habits and got real sick, turned out to have scurvy! She also had a friend whose food phobia of salt was so bad her doctor told her she had to eat salt. She wasn't even hypertensive!
I meant we no longer produce things like B12 and other nutrients. Just like we do not produce vitamin C, E, and K. You need those from dietary sources. B12 comes from meat products. You need cholesterol for every last cell in your body. You get that from meat. You produce a little bit on your own, but not enough if you only eat plants. This is why people with dangerously high levels of bad cholesterol are recommended to eat a plant-based diet for a while. Think about that. You need cholesterol just to produce your sex hormones too.

It is not uncommon for vegan women to completely lose their period. It's a terrible, awful diet for the human body. I think it is more of a mental illness, not unlike anorexia, and we really ought to treat it that way. These people need help.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:42 pm

I think if they just added eggs and dairy into their diet it wouldn't be quite so bad. That wouldn't kill any animals either.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:53 pm

It's a good point about b12, I wonder how the various near-vegan societies survived. Presumably the occasional meat or eggs was enough. The Chinese would eat anything, but peasants getting ahold of much more than rice and cabbage was a problem for thousands of years.

FWIW, I'm not inclined that way at all, I'm a fisherman who kills all the time! (At least when I catch, this past month has sucked)
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:22 pm

Fife wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:18 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Yes, McDonalds is better nutrition than what you get in Communism.
Dude, that's like dividing by zero.

What do we think a father in Venezuela would do to give his daughter an egg McMuffin and a large O.J. tomorrow morning?

That's a very serious question, btw.
Seriously, probably a third of the Venezualan population would kill for that Breakfast for the their family.

Ya know, Starvation, Famine and Malnutrition are Keystone Elements of Communism and they are never discussed.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:16 am

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:42 pm
I think if they just added eggs and dairy into their diet it wouldn't be quite so bad. That wouldn't kill any animals either.
That's what the Hindu does. They eat dairy products. Mostly vegan otherwise. No wonder they regard their cows as holy beings.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:40 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:16 am
That's what the Hindu does. They eat dairy products. Mostly vegan otherwise. No wonder they regard their cows as holy beings.
Makes you wonder how any dairy industry works there if they're not, umm, disposing of the calf.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:51 am

brewster wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:40 am
Hastur wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:16 am
Makes you wonder how any dairy industry works there if they're not, umm, disposing of the calf.
If a cow has twins, will they starve on ½ rations? Of course not. The cow will produce enough to cover both. If you milk a cow she can still provide for a calf. Just make sure it gets its fill first.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck