Cannibalism

C-Mag

Cannibalism

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:41 pm

When the subject of Cannibalism comes up we tend to focus on isolated examples in advanced societies.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/23690/6- ... -cannibals

But it is still going strong in Africa, and gets little attention.

Cannibalism, body parts as trophies
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/africa/ ... -congo-war

South African Cop recounts grisly find in 'cannibals' house of horrors
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south- ... f-horrors/

And there's a strong history of it.
There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that they prefer human flesh to any other. During all the time I lived among cannibal races I never came across a single case of their eating any kind of flesh raw; they invariably either boil, roast or smoke it. This custom of smoking flesh to make it keep would have been very useful to us, as we were often without meat for long periods. We could, however, never buy smoked meat in the markets, it being impossible to be sure that it was not human flesh.

The preference of different tribes for various parts of the human body is interesting. Some cut long steaks from the flesh of the thighs, legs or arms; others prefer the hands and feet; and though the great majority do not eat the head, I have come across more than one tribe which prefers this to any other part. Almost all use some part of the intestines on account of the fat they contain.
~ Sidney Langford Hinde (former captain of the Congo Free State Force), The Fall of the Congo Arabs, Methuen, 1897.
http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/congo1.html

Odd to see people eating each other and carrying cell phones.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Re: Cannibalism

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:53 pm

I was just thinking about the stories you hear from times in history where during famines parents would trade kids with other other parents to eat. I cant even imagine. What do you do in that situation? Killing yourself solves nothing. Your wife and kid still starve to death. Kill your whole family? Your kid is going to die still. Just not eat people and starve to death with dignity if it's even possible I guess.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:58 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:41 pm
When the subject of Cannibalism comes up we tend to focus on isolated examples in advanced societies.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/23690/6- ... -cannibals

But it is still going strong in Africa, and gets little attention.

Cannibalism, body parts as trophies
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/africa/ ... -congo-war

South African Cop recounts grisly find in 'cannibals' house of horrors
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south- ... f-horrors/

And there's a strong history of it.
There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that they prefer human flesh to any other. During all the time I lived among cannibal races I never came across a single case of their eating any kind of flesh raw; they invariably either boil, roast or smoke it. This custom of smoking flesh to make it keep would have been very useful to us, as we were often without meat for long periods. We could, however, never buy smoked meat in the markets, it being impossible to be sure that it was not human flesh.

The preference of different tribes for various parts of the human body is interesting. Some cut long steaks from the flesh of the thighs, legs or arms; others prefer the hands and feet; and though the great majority do not eat the head, I have come across more than one tribe which prefers this to any other part. Almost all use some part of the intestines on account of the fat they contain.
~ Sidney Langford Hinde (former captain of the Congo Free State Force), The Fall of the Congo Arabs, Methuen, 1897.
http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/congo1.html

Odd to see people eating each other and carrying cell phones.
Some Africans eat human remains for religious reasons I believe. Those warlords like to eat eachother too. There is a well-known video from Liberia that shows one warlord Prince Yormi Johnson nibbling on the ear of captured President Samuel K Doe in his executive mansion. Doe is in the background screaming while he is being tortured, and Johnson is sitting with his legs up on a desk drinking a beer with Doe's ear in his hand. Its a pretty famous video and you can find clips of it online. BTW Johnson went on to create his own Christian Ministry in Nigeria as a Tele-Evangelist. I wrote a paper on the Liberian Civil War in College for a class, and there is a shitload of cannibalism. Its not even a taboo subject there. In short, everything about Africa should cause revulsion and despair. They do have some amazing mud structures though. And AIDS.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:00 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:53 pm
I was just thinking about the stories you hear from times in history where during famines parents would trade kids with other other parents to eat. I cant even imagine. What do you do in that situation? Killing yourself solves nothing. Your wife and kid still starve to death. Kill your whole family? Your kid is going to die still. Just not eat people and starve to death with dignity if it's even possible I guess.
Oh, that decision would suck, imagine Leningrad.
But in Africa it seems to be a preference, not a last effort to survive.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:04 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Some Africans eat human remains for religious reasons I believe. Those warlords like to eat eachother too. There is a well-known video from Liberia that shows one warlord Prince Yormi Johnson nibbling on the ear of captured President Samuel K Doe in his executive mansion. Doe is in the background screaming while he is being tortured, and Johnson is sitting with his legs up on a desk drinking a beer with Doe's ear in his hand. Its a pretty famous video and you can find clips of it online. BTW Johnson went on to create his own Christian Ministry in Nigeria as a Tele-Evangelist. I wrote a paper on the Liberian Civil War in College for a class, and there is a shitload of cannibalism. Its not even a taboo subject there.
Damn, sounds like we have someone who's researched it. Tell us more.

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:58 pm
In short, everything about Africa should cause revulsion and despair. They do have some amazing mud structures though. And AIDS.
Don't forget Ebola :D
PLATA O PLOMO

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:00 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Oh, that decision would suck, imagine Leningrad.
But in Africa it seems to be a preference, not a last effort to survive.
https://www.pri.org/stories/2011-08-01/ ... annibalism

This isn't a long article, but it discusses cannibalism and elections. Before the civil war which is what brought Liberia into focus, there were a bunch of secret societies in Liberia. One of them is called the Poro Society. A lot of these societies were rumored to eat people, because human body parts, especially the heart, allege to give supernatural hunting and combat abilities to those who consume it. I'm not an expert on any of this stuff, but its fucking weird to think about, especially considering that this country was founded by freed American slaves.

What's weird though is that during the Biafra War, there wasn't really any recorded Cannibalism. About 1 million people died in that conflict, and the Igbo Nigerian tribe was blockaded by the Nigerian Army, so there was widespread starvation. But those West Africans decided not to eat the dead bodies for whatever reason. It was taboo for them, even though their West African neighbor was fine with it.

As an aside, white people definitely have eaten eachother in the past. The Leningrad siege has many instances of this. Chinks and Koreans have eaten dead bodies too. During Mao's famine you could buy human meat on the black market (allegedly). I think Jocko talked about how during the 90's famine in Korea people resorted to eating human flesh. It seems to be cultural though. During the British Empire, the Bengal Famine killed millions, but there doesn't seem to be much evidence those Indians ate humans. Desperation alone doesn't account for these practices imo.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:19 pm

Maybe they need to be brought here as refugees and resettled in places like California.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:19 pm
Maybe they need to be brought here as refugees and resettled in places like California.
The Californians houses should be eminently domained for Rapefugee section 8 projects. Diversity comes at a price, but I'm willing to pay that price if it means we can be exposed to Liberian foodtrucks. Some good eating in that country for sure!
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:32 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Honest answer, I’d cut my leg off and feed it to them, before I let them starve.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:15 am

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 pm

https://www.pri.org/stories/2011-08-01/ ... annibalism

This isn't a long article, but it discusses cannibalism and elections. Before the civil war which is what brought Liberia into focus, there were a bunch of secret societies in Liberia. One of them is called the Poro Society. A lot of these societies were rumored to eat people, because human body parts, especially the heart, allege to give supernatural hunting and combat abilities to those who consume it. I'm not an expert on any of this stuff, but its fucking weird to think about, especially considering that this country was founded by freed American slaves.

What's weird though is that during the Biafra War, there wasn't really any recorded Cannibalism. About 1 million people died in that conflict, and the Igbo Nigerian tribe was blockaded by the Nigerian Army, so there was widespread starvation. But those West Africans decided not to eat the dead bodies for whatever reason. It was taboo for them, even though their West African neighbor was fine with it.

As an aside, white people definitely have eaten eachother in the past. The Leningrad siege has many instances of this. Chinks and Koreans have eaten dead bodies too. During Mao's famine you could buy human meat on the black market (allegedly). I think Jocko talked about how during the 90's famine in Korea people resorted to eating human flesh. It seems to be cultural though. During the British Empire, the Bengal Famine killed millions, but there doesn't seem to be much evidence those Indians ate humans. Desperation alone doesn't account for these practices imo.
Native American Indians did, the Iroqois and Pacific Northwest tribes practiced it, as well as the Aztecs. The North American tribes could be analogous to African tribes of the 19th C. but the Aztecs were an advanced empire. I'm most interested in advanced societies that still practice it.
We all understand that in times of starvation humans across the planet have resorted to cannibalism, and in cultures where famine was expected and cyclical traditions arouse around it. But societies that are advanced and have technological advantages, who aren't starving it's much harder to understand.
PLATA O PLOMO