NFL 2018-19 Season

C-Mag

Re: NFL 2018-19 Season

Post by C-Mag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:00 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:26 pm

I like Paul Brown, and while his coaching tree is exceptional, Bill Walsh is a transformational figure, his tree should be in a class by itself.
Bill Walsh was an assistant under Paul Brown.
Check Brown out http://spec.lib.miamioh.edu/cradleofcoa ... ms/show/92
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:54 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:00 pm
clubgop wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:26 pm

I like Paul Brown, and while his coaching tree is exceptional, Bill Walsh is a transformational figure, his tree should be in a class by itself.
Bill Walsh was an assistant under Paul Brown.
Check Brown out http://spec.lib.miamioh.edu/cradleofcoa ... ms/show/92
Yes, I understand that. But Walsh served under GIlman as well, look up that name.

But there comes a point where the student surpasses the teacher and Bill Walsh's tree is fruitful and still alive to this day and I believe the only branch branch on that tree that's not dwindling. I believe today's NFL coaching tree is Bill Walsh or Bill Parcels.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:53 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:25 pm
StCapps wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:17 pm
At this point, I guess I've technically been converted to a Patriots hater, but that's just because my team is their Super Bowl whipping boy. Just because I hate on them now, doesn't mean I won't give them credit where it's due though, and they deserve a shit ton of it. Love Brady trolling the media with his MAGA hat too, that was pretty great.
I've been a Dolphins fan since I was 6. So I get to watch the Patriots destroy the division every year, and my team getting cucked by them every year. It's been a long ride. Over the 45+ years I've watch the NFL I've come to the conclusion that like all organizations, success starts at the top. The head picks the right leadership, gives them a mission and then mostly gets the fuck out of the way.

Conversely the teams the struggle, that are the most F'd up are the ones where the owners meddle the most with their coaches and GMs. Cowboys, Redskins, Dolphins are prime examples. Look at Jimmy Jones, the moment he thought he was smarter at football than Jimmy Johnson he was fucked.

It kind of looks like Ross in Miami has checked his ego, he's turned over all football operation to a CEO. That can't do any harm. While I'm annually hopeful, I'm pretty damn cynical of the Dolphins having any success under Ross' ownership.
You guys forget the Patriots prior to Belichick, don't you? Hell 1986 still stings...

Brady and Belichick combined (especially Belichick with his special team's coaches and it seems his will to succeed) have done what no other team has done for so long. Brady may be the "GOAT" as a QB, but Belichick is the "GOAT" when it comes to being a Coach... what most people don't realize is that Brady has 6 rings, Belichick has 8...

This will never be reproduced again, at least not in my lifetime, teams have tried to snipe our Defense coaches and attempted to replicate what the Patriots have and they never can...
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Belichick has proven he can easily win without Brady, and with scrubs. Brady has not.

I'm pretty sure we are not going to get to see Brady with another team either. Brady knows his success is due to Belichick and Adams, that's why he submarined Garrapolo.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 pm
Belichick has proven he can easily win without Brady, and with scrubs. Brady has not.

I'm pretty sure we are not going to get to see Brady with another team either. Brady knows his success is due to Belichick and Adams, that's why he submarined Garrapolo.
True fact.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:01 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Garrapolo is a hot topic up in the NE, the problem with him is he hasn't been healthy enough to actually be recognized as the next Brady or not...

Brady can't win without Belichick, but Brady has won games by changing plays on the fly...Brady has had the ability to read the field like very few have, even Belichick has said that in passing.

Garrapolo may be able to do that, but I don't think so, not many can.

Belichick is an amazing coach, he has done so much with so little, this last year was proof that he could pull miracles out of his ass by playing people in ways others never thought possible.

This year, Gronk may not be coming back (personally I think it's about time) Last season showed he was no longer what he was... Brady may be gone after this year too, I think he started to show chinks in his armor big time during the super bowl and if we don't get a solid wall to defend him up the middle, he's not going to be throwing the numbers people expect him too. People are saying the corners, but honestly, after the Super Bowl, the middle showed some weakness that needs to be patched.

We have a lot of up and coming players that are showing some real talent, plus we have some nice picks this up and coming season. Even if Kraft is forced to step down, his sons will take over. Either way, this year may be in my opinion the last time we see Brady as a QB.

I think he may be forced out or put into the Patriots machine to train his replacement, he may even become a Defensive Coach for the Pats. It's not like he needs the money, but with his eye, and the way he reads the field the Pats would be a fool to get rid of him entirely.
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:16 am

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:30 pm

Here is the "alternative" in action.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/02/ ... -donation/
BREAKING: NHL OWNER TOM DUNDON SAVES AAF FROM COMPLETE BANKRUPTCY WITH MASSIVE CASH DONATION
Start a betting pool for the 2nd time this bitch goes bankrupt.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:19 pm

clubgop wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:30 pm

BREAKING: NHL OWNER TOM DUNDON SAVES AAF FROM COMPLETE BANKRUPTCY WITH MASSIVE CASH DONATION
If they’re going bankrupt 3 weeks into their launch, then somebody fucked up bigly. I am skeptical.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:25 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:19 pm
clubgop wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:30 pm

If they’re going bankrupt 3 weeks into their launch, then somebody fucked up bigly. I am skeptical.
If gate receipts and any tv deals arent meeting expectations yeah this shit goes pear shaped quick. It happens in all these leagues be it week 2 or week 10.