NFL 2018-19 Season

C-Mag

Re: NFL 2018-19 Season

Post by C-Mag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:25 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:17 pm
At this point, I guess I've technically been converted to a Patriots hater, but that's just because my team is their Super Bowl whipping boy. Just because I hate on them now, doesn't mean I won't give them credit where it's due though, and they deserve a shit ton of it. Love Brady trolling the media with his MAGA hat too, that was pretty great.
I've been a Dolphins fan since I was 6. So I get to watch the Patriots destroy the division every year, and my team getting cucked by them every year. It's been a long ride. Over the 45+ years I've watch the NFL I've come to the conclusion that like all organizations, success starts at the top. The head picks the right leadership, gives them a mission and then mostly gets the fuck out of the way.

Conversely the teams the struggle, that are the most F'd up are the ones where the owners meddle the most with their coaches and GMs. Cowboys, Redskins, Dolphins are prime examples. Look at Jimmy Jones, the moment he thought he was smarter at football than Jimmy Johnson he was fucked.

It kind of looks like Ross in Miami has checked his ego, he's turned over all football operation to a CEO. That can't do any harm. While I'm annually hopeful, I'm pretty damn cynical of the Dolphins having any success under Ross' ownership.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Bears and Browns are a good example of that as well. Too much meddling from the front office, by far.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:47 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:29 pm
Bears and Browns are a good example of that as well. Too much meddling from the front office, by far.
I would put the Browns in a class with teams like the Cardinals and Lions. The owners are lazy and don't care to go to the effort to win. These clubs are usually run by some legacy owners, trust fund kids, who are just happy taking revenue sharing from the rest of the league without expenditures.

As I understand it, owners of perpetual losers actually make just as much, if not more in the end. Because they don't have the expenses needed to be winners.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Machieveli would be proud

The Brain of the Patriots

PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:18 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:47 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:29 pm
I would put the Browns in a class with teams like the Cardinals and Lions. The owners are lazy and don't care to go to the effort to win. These clubs are usually run by some legacy owners, trust fund kids, who are just happy taking revenue sharing from the rest of the league without expenditures.

As I understand it, owners of perpetual losers actually make just as much, if not more in the end. Because they don't have the expenses needed to be winners.
Definitely the case for the Bears. They’ve slashed the team every time a player gets good enough to demand a big salary.

The Browns have been trading away their top draft picks for years, until this last one and the new GM. Fans threw an 0-16 parade around the stadium last year, and forced the owner to give a shit. The reality show displayed how broken the organization was internally. They finally fired the GM and head coach, and started acting like they want to win.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Bears and Browns fans demand even less than Dolphins fans.

Bears demand to have the best Linebacker in Football, then they can dream of Buddy Ryan rising from the dead.

Browns only demand a handful of wins every other year. There's a reason they have never been to Superbowl.

Both teams have great football traditions, but George Halas and Paul Brown have been gone for long, long time. Paul Brown is the most influential guy in NFL history. Just look at his coaching tree. His legacy is still alive 60 years later.
PLATA O PLOMO

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:52 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:34 pm
StCapps wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:08 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:53 pm

It’s an alternative, for those who want to watch pro football, but don’t like the NFL. How difficult can this possibly be for you to grasp?
That's not a real alternative, there aren't that many people who want to watch pro football and don't like the NFL enough to watch some other chump league with nowhere near the talent instead of the NFL. It will never be anything more than a supplement, like the CFL.

You simply over-estimate the viability of the "alternatives" relative to the NFL's drawing power, because you wish most consumers hated the NFL as much as you do, so you project a market that doesnt really exist based on wishful thinking.
Ah, so because I said “alternative”, and you two are desperate for a ‘win’, you went with “replacement”, and fell over your skis again. Classic.
:lol: :lol:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/alternative
noun
a choice limited to one of two or more possibilities, as of things, propositions, or courses of action, the selection of which precludes any other possibility:
You are the alternative of smart, you are alternative of facts, you are the alternative of truth. As usual you are wrong again. I did not say replacement, not once I said 'supplement.' You lie and strawman desperate for a 'win' among your many mistakes. Classic.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:13 pm

And now I see capps used the word supplement. Did dirty dick decide to deliberate on a reference where 'supplement' becomes 'replacement?'

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/supplement
supplement
definition of supplement
Synonyms for supplement:
noun something added
additive
addendum
addition
appendix
bell
codicil
complement
continuation
extra
insert
option
postscript
pullout
rider
sequel
spin-off
subsidiary
added feature
bells and whistles
https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/replacement?s=t
replacement
see definition of replacement:
noun substitute
Synonyms for replacement
noun substitute
reinstatement
restoration
stand-in
Nope. As usual he talk out his ass

Is English your first language? Did you complete 7th grade? Are you the product of incest? Are you your own grandpa?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:26 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Bears demand to have the best Linebacker in Football, then they can dream of Buddy Ryan rising from the dead.

Browns only demand a handful of wins every other year. There's a reason they have never been to Superbowl.

Both teams have great football traditions, but George Halas and Paul Brown have been gone for long, long time. Paul Brown is the most influential guy in NFL history. Just look at his coaching tree. His legacy is still alive 60 years later.
I like Paul Brown, and while his coaching tree is exceptional, Bill Walsh is a transformational figure, his tree should be in a class by itself.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:48 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Sorry but this is part of what I am talking about. Football not having any respect or white washing of its own history. Comparing the Browns to the Bears is false. These Brown are a glorified expansion team, the real lineage is in Baltimore.