NFL 2018-19 Season

clubgop

Re: NFL 2018-19 Season

Post by clubgop » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:01 pm
I can’t believe nobody has written a story yet about the hidden battle every week between the networks and hackers streaming games. The links change every 10-15 minutes sometimes, but there are hundreds of them. Must be fun to watch.
Because no cares about that shit, no one is watching that shit. As long as the local team is available over the air broadcast and by law they have to, no one cares.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:35 pm

clubgop wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
I can’t believe nobody has written a story yet about the hidden battle every week between the networks and hackers streaming games. The links change every 10-15 minutes sometimes, but there are hundreds of them. Must be fun to watch.
Because no cares about that shit, no one is watching that shit. As long as the local team is available over the air broadcast and by law they have to, no one cares.
Yes, yes... no one is watching it. Good post.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:39 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:35 pm
clubgop wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
it just so happens to be true they started to put mlb games on Facebook live the numbers are abysmal.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:49 pm

clubgop wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:39 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
clubgop wrote:

it just so happens to be true they started to put mlb games on Facebook live the numbers are abysmal.
MLB doesn't have an exclusive contract with single tv provider, and has 10x the number of games per year. Plus baseball is nowhere near as popular as the NFL in the first place.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:10 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Interesting.
I saw links to them on Dolphins message boards, never tried one. Back when I was following them, I actually was enjoying listening more than watching. I could work and get stuff done and still enjoy the game, and radio broadcasts are easy to get. Just go to the teams local sports radio website and click listen live.

Bam.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:27 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:49 pm
clubgop wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

MLB doesn't have an exclusive contract with single tv provider, and has 10x the number of games per year. Plus baseball is nowhere near as popular as the NFL in the first place.
NFL also doesn't have an exclusive contract with a single network. Also I wasnt comparing the two, dipshit. A game between the Mets and Phillies was on Facebook live and got 46k viewers max. That's horrid. That's two of the biggest TV markets in the country. Livestreaming sports hasn't caught on yet, the average age of the sports fan is far too old for that shit yet.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:30 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:10 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Interesting.
I saw links to them on Dolphins message boards, never tried one. Back when I was following them, I actually was enjoying listening more than watching. I could work and get stuff done and still enjoy the game, and radio broadcasts are easy to get. Just go to the teams local sports radio website and click listen live.

Bam.
Does that work with NFL games though? Cause I am thinking not so much. Sure if in the area you can pick up the radio signal but they wont distribute it on the website because they dont have the rights to do so.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:52 pm

clubgop wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:30 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:10 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Interesting.

Bam.
Does that work with NFL games though? Cause I am thinking not so much. Sure if in the area you can pick up the radio signal but they wont distribute it on the website because they dont have the rights to do so.
Yes, lots of stations Live Stream audio of NFL games. It's easy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:33 pm

clubgop wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:27 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
clubgop wrote:

NFL also doesn't have an exclusive contract with a single network. Also I wasnt comparing the two, dipshit. A game between the Mets and Phillies was on Facebook live and got 46k viewers max. That's horrid. That's two of the biggest TV markets in the country. Livestreaming sports hasn't caught on yet, the average age of the sports fan is far too old for that shit yet.
That’s a small stadium full of people that:

- are Facebook users
- are dedicated enough to subscribe to whatever fab page it was on
- cared to sit through a 3-hour baseball game on the computer

Not a small number at all. And an NFL game would draw 10x as many.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:05 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:33 pm
clubgop wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:27 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

That’s a small stadium full of people that:

- are Facebook users
- are dedicated enough to subscribe to whatever fab page it was on
- cared to sit through a 3-hour baseball game on the computer

Not a small number at all. And an NFL game would draw 10x as many.
No it isnt, Facebook has over 1 billion users, and if you associated with the Philadelphia or New York market or mlb it advertised on your newsfeed before or during. The search inquiries on how to watch the game were about 10x higher than people that actually watched it. It's a flop. You are now 2 for 2. A failure at predicting future disasters and at predicting future successes.