NFL 2018-19 Season

SuburbanFarmer

NFL 2018-19 Season

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:11 pm

Watching the Hall of Fame Game, between my beloved Bears and some shitty expansion team.

Urlacher goes to the HOF, as he should.

Thoughts/hopes on the season ahead?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Re: NFL 2018-19 Season

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:28 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:11 pm
Watching the Hall of Fame Game, between my beloved Bears and some shitty expansion team.

That shitty Expansion team has won a Superbowl in the last 30 years.

Urlacher, HOF :clap:

Thoughts on the Season ahead?
For me, the magic is gone. I doubt I'll ever be a dedicated fan of the NFL again. I didn't watch last season, and didn't miss it that much. I know one thing, if they kneel, I definitely won't watch. It's my line in the sand. Too many American Cultural Traditions have been destroyed by the likes of these overly privileged people.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:07 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:28 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:11 pm

That shitty Expansion team has won a Superbowl in the last 30 years.

Urlacher, HOF :clap:

Thoughts on the Season ahead?
For me, the magic is gone. I doubt I'll ever be a dedicated fan of the NFL again. I didn't watch last season, and didn't miss it that much. I know one thing, if they kneel, I definitely won't watch. It's my line in the sand. Too many American Cultural Traditions have been destroyed by the likes of these overly privileged people.
I remember when I was real little, my dad told me he thought the NFL was going downhill. There was no internet back then, not that it would have mattered in our little home. All he had to go on was what he knew from watching college ball and pro ball, and the feeling he got was that the NFL was becoming too corporate to continue to be relevant.

College ball at the upper tier has followed the same path in most ways, but there are still small schools with locally relevant teams.

Looking forward to my first season in Crusader Stadium.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Yeah, I've found myself enjoying the local high school games much more, in the past few years. It's sad, but there's always hope that they turn it around.

And goddammit, I sat through the '06 Super Bowl in the rain, watching them lose. That was painful. But I'll never forget seeing Devin Hester run the opening kickoff back. :)

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:10 am

I'm really busy with work right now, on a 12 day stretch for obvious reasons.

I look more forward to college ball, but I am looking forward to seeing the Browns complete Baker Mayfield's legacy as Johnny Football 2.0, seeing what kind of records Drew Brees and Tom Brady set this year, and the continuing futility of all 4 teams in California. I've wanted to be a Chargers fan since I lived in San Diego, but something about them just bothers me. I think its Phillip Rivers even though he's a great person off the field
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:50 am

California wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:10 am

I look more forward to college ball, but I am looking forward to seeing the Browns complete Baker Mayfield's legacy as Johnny Football 2.0, seeing what kind of records Drew Brees and Tom Brady set this year, and the continuing futility of all 4 teams in California. I've wanted to be a Chargers fan since I lived in San Diego, but something about them just bothers me. I think its Phillip Rivers even though he's a great person off the field
The Chargers have always been a very likeable team. Phillipe' Rivers just lacks something, hard to pin down, but I think its a leadership thing. His temper tantrums :roll: He's one of those guys, that always puts up great numbers, but you begin to wonder if that's not his primary motivation rather than team wins.
PLATA O PLOMO

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:27 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:50 am
California wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:10 am

The Chargers have always been a very likeable team. Phillipe' Rivers just lacks something, hard to pin down, but I think its a leadership thing. His temper tantrums :roll: He's one of those guys, that always puts up great numbers, but you begin to wonder if that's not his primary motivation rather than team wins.
Its also his style of play, always going for the big hero plays.

He's getting old, they're going to have to start looking to the future.

Too bad they lost Jason Verrett for the season already
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:39 pm

San Fran is going to be alright. Got Jimmy G.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:55 pm

California wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:27 am
Its also his style of play, always going for the big hero plays.

He's getting old, they're going to have to start looking to the future.

Too bad they lost Jason Verrett for the season already
Yeah, frankly the Chargers need to be looking at Rivers market value and for Rivers, he needs to look for that Peyton Manning Broncos situation.

Cali, I've been out of the loop on the NFL so much, I don't even know who Verret is let alone that he's injured.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:01 pm

I can’t believe nobody has written a story yet about the hidden battle every week between the networks and hackers streaming games. The links change every 10-15 minutes sometimes, but there are hundreds of them. Must be fun to watch.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace