Seriously, a Wonderlic test?

The Conservative

Seriously, a Wonderlic test?

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:28 pm

To go for a higher level job at where I work, I have been required to take a Wonderlic test.

Seriously? This it the kind of shit that drives me nuts.

I got a 47 out of 50, but what the hell does it matter? Either I'm qualified or not. I've been doing the job I have been doing the job I'm at now for a long enough time, I am qualified for said job.

So what the hell is the use of the test? To see if I'm qualified to be a good pleeb or not?

Seriously, I don't get jobs because of my shining personality. I get them because I'm one of the best in the region in my field.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Seriously, a Wonderlic test?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 am

HR departments are seriously out of control.

This is the effect of education inflation, and a residual demand for factory standardization in office environments. It's much easier to give your employees made-up 'metrics' than actually consider them as individuals.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 am

HR is actually a result of women entering the corporate world. Companies need entire departments to deal with their drama. Then they need those departments to create jobs for women since women often do not like doing the actual work of the business.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:04 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:28 pm
To go for a higher level job at where I work, I have been required to take a Wonderlic test.

I got a 47 out of 50, but what the hell does it matter? Either I'm qualified or not. I've been doing the job I have been doing the job I'm at now for a long enough time, I am qualified for said job.

So what the hell is the use of the test? To see if I'm qualified to be a good pleeb or not?

Seriously, I don't get jobs because of my shining personality. I get them because I'm one of the best in the region in my field.
I actually don't have a problem with testing for employment. As long as everyone is fairly tested.

Having benchmark metrics to prove the employee passed your employment requirements are fine. Quit whining.

And Congratulations, you scored higher than all the Blue Chip NFL QBs drafted this year
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/wo ... hj3l4j9gtb
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:06 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:04 am
The Conservative wrote:

I actually don't have a problem with testing for employment. As long as everyone is fairly tested.

Having benchmark metrics to prove the employee passed your employment requirements are fine. Quit whining.

And Congratulations, you scored higher than all the Blue Chip NFL QBs drafted this year
I have an issue with it because I already do the job I'm going for. I'm just asking for the title.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:21 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:06 am
C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

I have an issue with it because I already do the job I'm going for. I'm just asking for the title.
Dude, you need to understand this may have nothing to do with you at all.

Maybe the head boss is pushing your boss to hire the head bosses nephew and this is what gets you the job over nepotism.

You smashed the test. Enjoy it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:32 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:21 am
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:06 am
C-Mag wrote:

Dude, you need to understand this may have nothing to do with you at all.

Maybe the head boss is pushing your boss to hire the head bosses nephew and this is what gets you the job over nepotism.

You smashed the test. Enjoy it.
Yeah, I smashed the test, still didn't get the job because my personality doesn't fit. I'm a fucking Director of Information and IT, I'm not meant to be a touchy-feely type of person. I am meant to be a person that is just and honest, as well as firm when I need to be. I can't be a person they walk all over.

I saved this company in a single year 40K by re-negotiating contracts with Comcast, RCN, Google, Microsoft, Slack, and a few other major companies.

I didn't do it by not sticking with my guns and bending when people came at me with counter offers. I didn't bend when they smiled at me, and I didn't bend when people introduced a virus to the company and I had to clean it up and employ a backend and endpoint protection system either because of the CFO decided to download a virus that almost crippled the company

They want someone who they can say they want "x" and screw the consequences. That's not me.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:08 am

Fuck the title. That just means you have to manage people, instead of doing what you do.

Demand the money, not the prestige.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:08 am

Title also lines you up for the blame game.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 am
HR departments are seriously out of control.

This is the effect of education inflation, and a residual demand for factory standardization in office environments. It's much easier to give your employees made-up 'metrics' than actually consider them as individuals.
And the power they wield for a position that doesn't even need to exist is ridiculous
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session