Backpacking

doc_loliday

Backpacking

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:36 am

Any of you guys do any backpacking? What have been some of your favorite trips? Where you been? Got any pics?

DrYouth

Re: Backpacking

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:12 pm

I'm taking the family on an 8 day canoe trip in Algonquin Park (Ontario) in August...

It will either kill us or make us stronger.

I cut my teeth on backcountry camping in Algonquin Park in my late teens, early twenties.

I did the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island in my mid twenties.... 6 days along the Pacific Ocean... that's one of the greatest hikes.

My wife and I did the Inca Trail in Peru - 5 days on our honeymoon. Some pretty intense elevation gain. I probably pushed my wife too far on that one...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:14 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:12 pm
I'm taking the family on an 8 day canoe trip in Algonquin Park (Ontario) in August...

I cut my teeth on backcountry camping in Algonquin Park in my late teens, early twenties.

I did the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island in my mid twenties.... 6 days along the Pacific Ocean... that's one of the greatest hikes.

My wife and I did the Inca Trail in Peru - 5 days on our honeymoon. Some pretty intense elevation gain. I probably pushed my wife too far on that one...
Does it include portaging? My brother used to do that in Canada.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:23 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:12 pm

That sounds like a lot of fun.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Tampa to Nashville to New Orleans. In NO I attempted to catch a train to Baton Rouge and the train ended up in the train yard. A black cop pointed a gun in my face. My backpack was never recovered after doing three weeks in NOPD for trespassing. The bottom floor was flooded, the top floor on fire. Thus ended pretty much my back packing experiment. Shortly afterwards Katrina hit and I spent some days in the super dome. Then I wound up in LA where I tried to live out of a tent very briefly before I realized it was easier to crash at a flop house and get a job. Then I tried smack and got hooked, went to a charity mission to get clean, got a job at a steel mill then etc etc

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:43 pm

not even once
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:44 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 pm
Tampa to Nashville to New Orleans. In NO I attempted to catch a train to Baton Rouge and the train ended up in the train yard. A black cop pointed a gun in my face. My backpack was never recovered after doing three weeks in NOPD for trespassing. The bottom floor was flooded, the top floor on fire. Thus ended pretty much my back packing experiment. Shortly afterwards Katrina hit and I spent some days in the super dome. Then I wound up in LA where I tried to live out of a tent very briefly before I realized it was easier to crash at a flop house and get a job. Then I tried smack and got hooked, went to a charity mission to get clean, got a job at a steel mill then etc etc
Those were the days. Do you ever wonder what happened to Bobby McGee?

Edit:

Just realized you might need a reference point for that one.

Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Well I mean they asked and I answered. I lived out of a backpack across the country more or less successfully for some time. I still keep one jic.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:45 pm
Well I mean they asked and I answered. I lived out of a backpack across the country more or less successfully for some time. I still keep one jic.
I was just saying.. it's a cool story, man. It sounds like a song.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Not really as glamorous as backpacking through Nepal or something but it is what it is. Now I am payed decent money to move people's shit around while I am still trying to figure out how to have less shit at all.