Auto Insurance Scam - fee to cover non-drivers

Kath

Auto Insurance Scam - fee to cover non-drivers

Post by Kath » Thu May 31, 2018 9:38 am

I'm not sure how our auto insurance company got a hold of our income tax return. This is a huge violation of privacy, but that's a whole 'nuther topic. Yesterday we got a call that our 19-year old was not on our plan, and we are required to add him as a driver. We informed them that our 19-year old doesn't drive, doesn't have a license, nor does he even have a learner's permit.

So.... we have to pay a monthly fee to NOT cover him. Scam....

What kind of auto-accident can a non-driver, non vehicle owner get into? Fuckers.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Re: Auto Insurance Scam - fee to cover non-drivers

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 31, 2018 9:42 am

Florida gives them info.

They fucked me over in the 90s in a similar fashion. I had a FL driver's license but was deployed to Idaho. My insurance was in Idaho. The state of Florida suspended my license without telling me. I got pulled over on base and had to go to the commander about it eventually. The state of Florida said tough luck and I had to pay them $250 to reinstate my license. A lawyer for my insurance company (I think it was Progressive) found out about it and went after the Florida DMV. They reimbursed my $250.

The state keeps track of everybody and looks to see if they are insured. If there is a lapse in your insurance, even for a day, the state will come after you with confiscatory fines.

Florida state government is a fucking disaster. Always has been. You might want to move.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu May 31, 2018 10:46 pm

Got my license suspended in Florida without my knowledge when my insurance lapsed for a week. They are quite eager to do it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:51 am

Weeeeeee Cronyism
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session