Re: lol that was scary as shit dog wtf?

Post by JohnDonne » Sun May 27, 2018 4:24 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:20 am
Haumana wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:49 pm
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:42 pm
Can’t handle a drugged out naked guy with a team of buddies around? No call for a shooting here.

But sure, why not fire into the interstate like Barney Fife. Blue lives, amirite?
Huh? No one else was there when the shooting occurred. Dude ran through the taser like it was nothing and actually touched the cop. Did you even watch the video? That cop didn't want to kill that guy. So no you aren't right.
He touched him? A member of the public made physical contact with a Blue? We should nuke the area, just to be sure.

Come on. That was a Class A clown, with zero possible weaponry, and could have been handled by any idiot with a nightstick. That is specifically what they (are supposed to be) trained for. He had to last about 10 seconds before the cavalry showed up anyway.

The excuses for murder are many. Actual police work is hard.
Dude, I don't say this often, but it was justified.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 27, 2018 7:34 am

Hardly. The guy was clearly insane, and unarmed.

I understand being scared, but I expect more of a police officer. If their entire defense is shooting wildly, then that is a major failure of training.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun May 27, 2018 9:45 am

Again you seemed to have not watched the same video I did. The guy got to the taser, the officer pulled his weapon and fired two shots, both seemed to have hit the target. Not sure where this idea of shooting wildly comes into the picture. The guy also said he would kill the officer.

Lemme know the next time you are in anything close to approximating that situation and how you handled it. I guarantee it won't be how you imagine it will go based on your reaction to that bodycam video.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun May 27, 2018 10:14 am

Flounder Dynamite would put some Rex Kwon Do on that fool.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 27, 2018 10:37 am

Haumana wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:45 am
Again you seemed to have not watched the same video I did. The guy got to the taser, the officer pulled his weapon and fired two shots, both seemed to have hit the target. Not sure where this idea of shooting wildly comes into the picture. The guy also said he would kill the officer.

Lemme know the next time you are in anything close to approximating that situation and how you handled it. I guarantee it won't be how you imagine it will go based on your reaction to that bodycam video.
I’ve been in fights before. I wasn’t holding a gun or nightstick or taser at the time, and I lived.

Again, if you expect to be a “law enforcement officer”, and do it for a living, then I expect you to utilize the tools at your disposal to subdue a crazy naked person.

Not to simply gawk at a potential traffic pileup, and shoot him when he comes at you. That is worse than useless to the public.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun May 27, 2018 10:50 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 10:37 am
I’ve been in fights before. I wasn’t holding a gun or nightstick or taser at the time, and I lived.

Again, if you expect to be a “law enforcement officer”, and do it for a living, then I expect you to utilize the tools at your disposal to subdue a crazy naked person.

Not to simply gawk at a potential traffic pileup, and shoot him when he comes at you. That is worse than useless to the public.
Weird hill to die on.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 27, 2018 10:56 am

I guess I just expect someone employed in “controlling people” to act like more than an executioner whenever he actually has to control someone.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 27, 2018 11:01 am

That cop dindu nuffin. Get out of here.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun May 27, 2018 11:06 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 10:56 am
I guess I just expect someone employed in “controlling people” to act like more than an executioner whenever he actually has to control someone.
Control some crazed individual that ran out on the freeway in traffic while naked? Then the guy attacks you after saying he was going to kill you. You have never been in any situation remotely close to that and can't even muster the empathy of imagining it. #weirdhill

The cop even expressed frustration and remorse in the video. What do you think those "FUCK"s were all about?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 27, 2018 11:09 am

That cop has the exact same rights that every other resident in Florida possesses, no more and no less.

The people who argue that cops have extra rights are as fucking wrong as the people who argue cops have less rights.

Currently in the state of Florida, if a naked, drugged-up madman attacks you like that, you have a self-defense right to shoot him. Putting on a police costume neither grants you extra rights nor takes your rights away.