Have We Lost Something

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Have We Lost Something

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 22, 2018 6:49 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:22 am
GCF has been guy guessing more than usual lately. His trust in his own filters and prejudices still surprises me. I never dare to post a fact here before checking it up first. Always baffled by how many of my truths I have to abandon on inspection. :?
“Guy guessing”?

Wouldn’t that be stating a premise for debate, defending it, and learning from the response?

*see what I did there
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue May 22, 2018 6:59 am

Also keep in mind that we continue to lose posters, but we don't really ever pick up any. That will contribute to the in-fighting.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue May 22, 2018 7:09 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:49 am
Hastur wrote:
GCF has been guy guessing more than usual lately. His trust in his own filters and prejudices still surprises me. I never dare to post a fact here before checking it up first. Always baffled by how many of my truths I have to abandon on inspection. :?
“Guy guessing”?

Wouldn’t that be stating a premise for debate, defending it, and learning from the response?

*see what I did there
No, it's pulling something from your ass and stating it with authority as if you actually knew something about the matter.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 22, 2018 7:32 am

Let's all have a thread where the people who perpetrate this behavior the most accuse everybody else of creating a "decline"!

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 22, 2018 7:32 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:09 am
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:49 am
Hastur wrote:
“Guy guessing”?

*see what I did there
No, it's pulling something from your ass and stating it with authority as if you actually knew something about the matter.
In most cases, I do know something about it. You may not agree with my conclusion, but many seem to take delight in trying to humiliate me, rather than address the point made.

A lot of threads have been derailed by this, and it’s become anyone’s guess whether a topic gets serious discussion, or just insult comedy.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 22, 2018 7:33 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:32 am
Let's all have a thread where the people who perpetrate this behavior the most accuse everybody else of creating a "decline"!
* Case in point.

Do you feel that I’m one of the primary posters insulting others instead of discussing topics?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:33 am
* Case in point.

Do you feel that I’m one of the primary posters insulting others instead of discussing topics?

I think we all do it to some extent, but you and Kath are on the high score list for it. It's amazing to me that you guys would post what you have in this thread.

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue May 22, 2018 7:47 am

Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 am
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
* Case in point.

I think we all do it to some extent, but you and Kath are on the high score list for it. It's amazing to me that you guys would post what you have in this thread.
You're definitely right that everyone's done it some, but I wouldn't say Kath was a high scorer- you're kind of going around calling the kettle black when you do.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 22, 2018 7:54 am

katarn wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:47 am
Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 am
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

* Case in point.

You're definitely right that everyone's done it some, but I wouldn't say Kath was a high scorer- you're kind of going around calling the kettle black when you do.
Bulllshit. That chick goes out of her way to insult me and others all the time. You and others just don't notice because you decided the victims deserve to be harassed all the time. As soon as these dindus get it, though, there's a "decline". Cry me a river.

And I never said I wasn't on the high score list.

Not one of you puts up with more abuse than me. Maybe DB is close, and definitely surpasses me on stalkers, but just daily insults and really mean-spirited comments? Nope. The people complaining about "declines" are the worst of the bunch. It's been like that for years.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue May 22, 2018 8:50 am

Well, fortunately every day provides a new opportunity for self-improvement for all of us. Until we die, of course.