Re: Progressivism's relentless War on your Freedom and Liberty

Post by Kath » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:41 pm

brewster wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:43 pm
Kath wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:08 pm
The poem?

E

No talent, no creativity, no meaning whatsoever, nothing to interpret/reflect on = NOT art.
That just shows we don't understand minimalist art, and claiming ANYTHING is not art just exposes your ignorance!

The only time a drawing professor in design school ever held up my work as an example, the assignment had been a minimalist landscape. I do nothing very well, always have.
I see. So I'll just send a letter W to the NEA and they give me $20K to pursue it? That'd be awesome!! W - seriously, how clever am I at minimalism?

Lol
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:48 am

The rise of modern art is just a manifestation of the neurosis of petite bourgeoisie nouveau rich upper middle class. Most of it is the Emperor's New Clothes. The old aristocracy and the art museums already owned most of the great art. The emerging middle class needed something to put on their wall to keep up with the Joneses. They have no taste of their own, being too uncertain of how to behave in the fine rooms. So they listen to "experts" and buy art magazines to learn the lingo to impress in conversation. Everyone wants to fit in and there's always someone around purporting to have the key to the good life for the right price. In the end, it's just apparent that taste can't be bought. It's a very long process without shortcuts.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:27 pm

Hastur wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:48 am
The rise of modern art is just a manifestation of the neurosis of petite bourgeoisie nouveau rich upper middle class. Most of it is the Emperor's New Clothes. The old aristocracy and the art museums already owned most of the great art. The emerging middle class needed something to put on their wall to keep up with the Joneses. They have no taste of their own, being too uncertain of how to behave in the fine rooms. So they listen to "experts" and buy art magazines to learn the lingo to impress in conversation. Everyone wants to fit in and there's always someone around purporting to have the key to the good life for the right price. In the end, it's just apparent that taste can't be bought. It's a very long process without shortcuts.
lol. You might be 100% right, and I hate art faggots, but this is like the snobbiest post I've read on here. I love it. You are probably right tbh.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:41 am

The Modern Left, is proving once again have much they hate individual liberty and support global mercantilists.

Besides the crying over losing a war this week, they made a move against individual Hemp producers. After Hemp Is Legalized, Facebook Bans Hemp Pages In a Move To Protect Big Pharma

https://freedomoutpost.com/after-hemp-i ... ig-pharma/
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 am

Where is the fucking opposition to leftism? Where are the fucking TV, radio and billboard commercials opposing leftism?

Quietly into the night...I guess...

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:17 am

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:25 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 am
Where is the fucking opposition to leftism? Where are the fucking TV, radio and billboard commercials opposing leftism?

They've all been bought off...………………… They are part of the wealthy elite. Look how easily we lost Carlin. He used to rail against this type of stuff in Common Sense. The ones they can't buy off they shut down for hate speech.
PLATA O PLOMO

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:31 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:25 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 am

They've all been bought off...………………… They are part of the wealthy elite. Look how easily we lost Carlin. He used to rail against this type of stuff in Common Sense. The ones they can't buy off they shut down for hate speech.

So we're doomed to serfdom....

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:48 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:31 am

So we're doomed to serfdom....
No, but unfortunately the Tree of Liberty may need to be refreshed.

I read a piece a few years back, I think on the goals of the Frankfurt School. One of the goals was to use the education system as a way of selecting who would be allowed to be in charge of anything. Mandate higher education, and all in leadership would have to pass through their system of checks to be authorized to have power. The lower levels of government could be led by people with higher degrees from common state universities, but the highest levels would have to go through their selected schools and basically be vetted. It appears that is what has happened.

There is no real reason for a US military General to go get a Masters degree at Yale in Economics, but that's the kind of shit they do if they want to be on the Joint Chiefs. I looked up all the members of the Fed and as I remember, since its start there has only been one non Ivy league member on the board.
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:29 am

Something to read:

Cultural Marxism Is Real
Samuel Moyn, a Yale law professor, recently asked, “What is ‘cultural Marxism?’” His answer: “Nothing of the kind actually exists.” Moyn attributes the term cultural Marxism to the “runaway alt-right imagination,” claiming that it implicates zany conspiracy theories and has been “percolating for years through global sewers of hatred.”

Alexander Zubatov, an attorney writing in Tablet, countered that the “somewhat unclear and contested” term cultural Marxism “has been in circulation for over forty years.” It has, moreover, “perfectly respectable uses outside the dark, dank silos of the far right.” He concluded that cultural Marxism is neither a “conspiracy” nor a “mere right-wing ‘phantasmagoria,’” but a “coherent intellectual program, a constellation of dangerous ideas.”

In this debate, I side with Zubatov. Here’s why.

. . .