What y'all up to?

DrYouth

Re: What y'all up to?

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:What's up with marriage counseling? Hit some rocky patches?
You could say that....

It's been a crazy ride.

Let me lay this on you... because really y'all are like my best friends... which is an interesting thing for me to admit all on it's own.

The truth is I went into a special kind of training to help patients with trauma... and it turned out that in the training you learn the skills on one another...

I matured a ton in this therapy... and with the new perspective I realized my marriage was really messed up.

I had been a real asshole to my wife and she was super stressed out... I had blocked this out of my own mind... hadn't admitted it to anyone... not even myself.

I mean I had even cheated on her and she knew it... but wouldn't admit it to herself or anyone else... but it was eating her up inside.

I had lied about it and she had bought my lies... but not really, if you know what I mean.

Well... I have been trying to work back from there... and I'll tell you this is not an easy road... I'm not sure it's even possible or anything...

But I am all in... She is an amazing woman and I guess I never really deserved her... maybe I still don't.

I am trying to be a better person in all aspects of my life... but I still have to deal with the reality that I am not nearly as good a person as I was pretending I was...

Fucked up right?

Good thing I cracked a beer.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Most churches are cucked. The church could delor will put all the blame on the man. No different than those asinine sermons were they chastise men and then fluff up the women.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Yeah there's probably a good reason the bible disavowed adultery way back when. It seems to be a natural law. I think the open marriage types are more or less unnatural.

I feel for you dude. You are hardly alone. If you can right the ship and not fuck it up again you're going to be a better man than most.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Most churches are cucked. The church could delor will put all the blame on the man. No different than those asinine sermons were they chastise men and then fluff up the women.
This is true. Modern churches are fucking pozzed

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Most churches are cucked. The church could delor will put all the blame on the man. No different than those asinine sermons were they chastise men and then fluff up the women.
Well if the therapist blamed her... that would be pretty messed up in my case... lol
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:08 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I feel for you dude. You are hardly alone. If you can right the ship and not fuck it up again you're going to be a better man than most.
I'm working on it bro...

I think I'm in a good place... don't see me heading back down that road.

My ship was capsized... didn't even know it.... once you got it flipped over the right way... there's no reason to go back.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Good man tbh. Most never have the courage to admit it's fucked.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:21 pm

de officiis wrote:I'm sitting in a hotel in Atlanta, waiting for tomorrow to be over.
What's cooking in Atlanta de o?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Kinda ironic now isn't it... ;)

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:27 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Well if the therapist blamed her... that would be pretty messed up in my case... lol

Well, that's not a good attitude. Unless you cheated or something. Then you're an asshole.

From my lengthy experience and observations, we are all pretty well fucked up and equally to blame for disintegrating relationships, broken families, and social decay.