What y'all up to?

DrYouth

What y'all up to?

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Heck of a week.

I'm going to marriage counselling and it's like being beat with a paddle...

I think it's probably helping... but I can't really think of a more exhausting and painful exercise...

I find the metaphor of entering a gladiatorial arena and facing death the best metaphor for the experience...

It triggers all the same instincts... fear, rage and freeze...

But I muster up all of my courage and face death without fear as much as possible.

When you kill your opponent in this contest... you do lose...

I'm afraid my wife is going to lose.

Other than that it was a pretty good week!

How about all of you?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

de officiis

Re: What y'all up to?

Post by de officiis » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:35 pm

I'm sitting in a hotel in Atlanta, waiting for tomorrow to be over.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Been there. Great times when the woman tries to weaponize the counselor against you and he is like, uh no..

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Sorry to hear that Dr Youth, just think of counseling as a Nest, in the Tree of Understanding

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Hang in there, doc.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Very tired but pleased. Drinking some beer. Actually bailed on meeting the guys for bowling sadly. I have to work early tmrw and just can't afford to lose any more sleep. This job sometimes doesn't give you much opportunity.

I'm hopeful to work out a rent agreement where I can park my van in a very shady space. It's close enough to work to bike. But the girl is flaky and I've been trying to get this going for weeks now. I'm hopeful I can stack enough cash soon, after the van is payed off, for a down payment on a house around these parts. Kind of a hipster area but I like it. These hipster areas near down towns have a lot of charm. A lot of White people too.

Work is going good but I can use more experience. Once I get methods down I will be pretty good at it. I like not having to punch a clock and being worried about showing up a little late.

That's about it. My family is well. I got the boy a telescope the other day. My wife finally has competent help at work.

What's up with marriage counseling? Hit some rocky patches?

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:43 pm

I'm reminded of my inner feeling when walking in to the first private session of a divorce mediation (acting a mediator), when the husband or wife's attorney is either asleep or drooling on his or her keyboard, and the poor husband or wife says, "Can you just go tell him/her I want to come home and I'm still in love?"

Just smile, look confident, and get ready for the crying time.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:45 pm

I had floated the idea of marriage counseling through the church to my wife but she seemed non plussed. I like the idea of doing it through a church better than paying some jew quack.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:53 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I had floated the idea of marriage counseling through the church to my wife but she seemed non plussed. I like the idea of doing it through a church better than paying some jew quack.

It's a tricky path. Once a person is on the divorce mediation track, it's too late 90% of the time. For the relationship to get back on track, I mean. Divorce and misery has a 1.000 batting average.

For counseling, try coming up with a list of three proposed counselors. Then ask the wife to come up with a list of three on her own. If there is no common name on the two lists, each person can choose one of their own list to consult with the other spouse's selection to recommend someone neither of them knows. That sounds like a lot of work, and it is, but mutually perceived impartiality and competence are sine qua non for this kind of operation.

It's expensive in time and money, but it's worth it.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:56 pm

Well that ship has sailed anyway. I guess I'm just curious how a church counselor would work. Not so much the quack variety. I've had my run ins with them already. Not impressed.