San Diego

Montegriffo

Re: San Diego

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:49 am

DrYouth wrote:Why are y’all so interested in me leaving my wife... have you been checking her out?
:evil:
Maybe they just need someone to reach the top shelf for them.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:33 pm

San Diego was a good holiday...

My kid led us on an all day adventure through the desert to Brawley CA... I guess it was a plantation town way back in the day... crumbling infrastructure including an old theatre... mixed with a lot of modern amenities made a weird mix.

The desert is awesome.

We travelled through some crazy badlands that were basically just a wild wasteland of boulders stacked up in amazing arrangements...

Driving back from the desert into the hills before San Diego along an alternate route was awesome but dizzying... there is a huge lake on our navi that appears to have almost entirely disappeared... with lakeside campgrounds now stranded in the middle of nowhere.

The USS Midway Museum was really cool... basically an aircraft carrier commissioned for the invasion of Japan that never happened... involved in an important naval battle against the Japanese in the two weeks of action it saw prior to the end of WW2. (The battle of midway).
Also saw action in Korea and Vietnam. Lots of vets aboard as volunteers super happy to answer question... best thing we did on the holiday.

Started off up by Los Angeles where we visited my wife's high school friend.
Universal studios was pretty cool also....
Absolutely no reason to do both the zoo and the safari park...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:37 pm

I can't wait for my grandkids to get big enough that I can start doing all that stuff again!
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:53 pm

DrYouth wrote:The USS Midway Museum was really cool... basically an aircraft carrier commissioned for the invasion of Japan that never happened... involved in an important naval battle against the Japanese in the two weeks of action it saw prior to the end of WW2. (The battle of midway).

The Battle of Midway was in 1942, obviously the USS Midway did not fight in the battle it was named for, the USS Midway never saw action in WWII, it wasn't commissioned until 10 September 1945, eight days after the Japanese formally surrendered.
Nec Aspera Terrent

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:30 am

DrYouth wrote: so Sea World is out for SJW reasons... sea mammal slavery or something.
For whales & dolphins, it's torture. It's not SJW stuff; they are completely out of their habitat. They get no social activity, which whales need desperately. They don't get to swim, not really. They don't get fresh food; they have no stimulation.

Whales and dolphins are incredibly intelligent; locking them up in what would feel like a small closet to us, is extremely cruel.

You can't compare Sea World to a well run zoo, where animals are given something resembling their natural habitat.

Also, Sea World lies - they say things like "a whale's dorsal fin collapsing is completely normal." All whales in captivity experience dorsal fin collapse, whereas it's incredibly rare in the wild for that to happen.

Fuck Sea World. They need to be destroyed.
Account abandoned.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:54 am

I hope you had fun, I totally missed this thread

I used to live in SD, and I live in Huntington Beach now
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:58 am

DrYouth wrote:
Universal studios was pretty cool also....
I struggled on the escalators, there, but it's a great park. Glad you had a good time. San Diego has some of the best weather, anywhere.
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:16 am

Kath wrote:
DrYouth wrote: so Sea World is out for SJW reasons... sea mammal slavery or something.
For whales & dolphins, it's torture. It's not SJW stuff; they are completely out of their habitat. They get no social activity, which whales need desperately. They don't get to swim, not really. They don't get fresh food; they have no stimulation.

Whales and dolphins are incredibly intelligent; locking them up in what would feel like a small closet to us, is extremely cruel.

You can't compare Sea World to a well run zoo, where animals are given something resembling their natural habitat.

Also, Sea World lies - they say things like "a whale's dorsal fin collapsing is completely normal." All whales in captivity experience dorsal fin collapse, whereas it's incredibly rare in the wild for that to happen.

Fuck Sea World. They need to be destroyed.
Agreed, they don't even care about the keepers never mind the animals.
Close it down.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:19 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
DrYouth wrote:The USS Midway Museum was really cool... basically an aircraft carrier commissioned for the invasion of Japan that never happened... involved in an important naval battle against the Japanese in the two weeks of action it saw prior to the end of WW2. (The battle of midway).

The Battle of Midway was in 1942, obviously the USS Midway did not fight in the battle it was named for, the USS Midway never saw action in WWII, it wasn't commissioned until 10 September 1945, eight days after the Japanese formally surrendered.
I was wondering about that...

They had a cinematic experience titled the Battle of Midway... which I didn't have time to watch.

I asked one of the volunteers about it and he suggested the Midway was involved...

This was confusing given the other narrative that the Midway was completed with only two weeks left prior to the end of WW2...

So this battle did not include the Midway... yet it is being celebrated on the Midway...

A little confusing... but I think I follow.... Thanks for clarifying.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:26 am

Kath wrote:
We didn't go...

And well ya... shutting down Sea World on behalf of the sea mammals is SJW stuff.

I'm not saying SJW stuff is all bullshit... we have the luxury to feel guilty... and we can speak up on behalf of the defenseless.

But this is SJW territory... which can go from the ridiculous to the sublime...

I can watch a sea mammal performance and enjoy it, or feel guilty or angry about it.

I don't argue with the kids about it... I don't even really disagree with them.

It's simply that SJW vibes are strong with them... and with everyone in my world... so I need to vent sometimes.