Government of the People is...?

Government for, by and of the People is...?

Impossible as a rule. Government will always be diametrically opposed to the interests of the people and thus cannot represent the people.
No votes
Undesirable. Leads to mob rule and instability. The people are best served with strong leaders setting the nation's course on the people's behalf.
8%
Desirable, yet government is by definition the opposite of the people so once the people get into government, they are no longer OF the people.
54%
Desirable, and you are still considered OF the people even while you work FOR the people.
38%
Ideal, yet that whole "by, of and for" thing is racist to people in other countries who want a government career in our country. #WorldCitizen
No votes

Total votes: 13

clubgop

Re: Government of the People is...?

Post by clubgop » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:01 pm

BjornP wrote:And without public sector unions, you'd then get a genuine government of, by and for the people? Because government could then no longer act in conflict with the people?
You get rid of most of the civil service laws and the public unions will wither on the vine. The big question to my mind is "who can be fired?" If the people vote in a new administration but 70% or higher of the bureacracy remains what's the point?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:12 am

clubgop wrote:If the people vote in a new administration but 70% or higher of the bureacracy remains what's the point?
I guess the point is to maintain some level of practical and technical experience within the system.
If you vote in a new government and no one has any experience actually running anything you have to start over from zero every time.
That would be a pretty inefficient system.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 am

DrYouth wrote:
clubgop wrote:If the people vote in a new administration but 70% or higher of the bureacracy remains what's the point?
I guess the point is to maintain some level of practical and technical experience within the system.
If you vote in a new government and no one has any experience actually running anything you have to start over from zero every time.

There needs to be an achievable reset option on the deep state.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:There needs to be an achievable reset option on the deep state.
Bunker busters?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:54 am

Impossible.

/thread.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:20 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:There needs to be an achievable reset option on the deep state.
Bunker busters?
Anal?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:16 pm

DrYouth wrote:
70%? Really? Screw that have a reverse decimation. Have them draw lots of 10 whoever gets the "white rock" gets to fire the other nine.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Great, now the white rocks are privileged too.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Okay, Josephus. I think I know your game.