Veganism

Okeefenokee

Re: Veganism

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:13 pm

I've been skipping breakfast, snacking on pecans throughout the day, and ending with a bowl of some sort of meaty soup for close to a year now.

Fats and protein. I'll throw some veggies in the soup.

I don't think y'all have ever seen anything like my little girl going cavegirl on some meaty bones. She will go after a plate of ribs like an animal. What's more is she won't even let you give her her own plate so you can have yours. She'll straight up throw that shit on the floor and say, "No. I want yours."
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:19 am

My little girl is hell on all meat too. Especially drumsticks
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:00 am

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:09 am

Been in ketosis again for three weeks now, and eating meat will certainly get you there. Though I prefer to get there by eating meat, eggs, and cheese. Supplementing it with vitamin C this time since I realized it’s something missing from the diet. Also upping the raw fat intake through more MCT oil and lots of avacadoes.

I cycle in and out of Keto, but I find at about 5 weeks I start feeling a little weaker - whether due to muscle loss or dropping my weight too low I’m not sure. I’m going to see if supplements and more fat mitigate it this time. Still, the endless stamina and energy boost are worth it and keep me coming back.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:12 am

I just wonder when people are going to realize we should simply be eating whole foods. The healthiest people just eat whole foods. Vegans are some of the unhealthiest and butt-ugliest people out there because of their diet. I live around quite a lot of them. No muscle mass makes women look awful. Seriously. They look terrible. They all have this haggard, leathery skin. Most of them, if they have been eating like this for more than a year, have these weird mouth sores and other spots around their faces. Their hair is falling out.

There seems to be two primary results in physical composition: skinny fat and obese. What I have noticed they like to do is put their healthier new converts out there on YouTube to make it seem like they are all healthy, but if you know a lot of them, you will see the truth in it.

I know a woman who for moral reasons only eats fish as a meat source. She does like dairy. Her main problem is not with the diet but with animals suffering. She looks pretty good. I might be a little biased, but to me, she looks great, though she could stand to eat more.

The vegans I know just don't have any obvious signs of health. One woman looked pretty healthy when I first met her. She was into yoga and everything. Those yoga people converted her to veganism. Now she looks very unhealthy. Older. I am talking about a woman in her mid-twenties who now looks upper-thirties because of this fucking diet.

While I am all for letting people explore various diets and eat how they want, I do think that a lot of what we see with veganism is a form of mental illness. It's sort of like how anorexics only see themselves as fat even though they are just skin and bones. In the case of vegans, they see themselves as being super healthy even though everybody can see something is wrong with them. Maybe a better comparison would be to those fat guys who think they are buff, but everybody can see they are just fat.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:33 am

I eat whole foods most of the time, Keto or not. I didn’t used to, but when you marry a former athlete and certified personal chef they convert you pretty quick. Once I became acquainted with buying and eating real food I was shocked by how bad our society is at emphasizing good diet.

There seems to be this idea that fast food is cheaper, and therefore it’s expected for the young, poor, and elderly to eat it all the time due to their limited budgets. That’s crazy. The local market sells an entire baked chicken for $5 if you wait 6 hours. A McFatty meal will run you at least $7. Eating healthier is better for you AND cheaper once you learn how to eat.

But my relatives still pull up the the Wendy’s drive through on the daily because they’re “so busy” or “they only have a few bucks”. It’s not doing them any favors.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:47 am

Don't eat anything handed to you through your car window seems to be a pretty good Rule of Thumb.

I've had zero fast food, processed food, bread, or added sugar since the first of the month.

Ready to attack the salad bar for about a pound's worth of greens, colored veggies, nuts, oil and vinegar, for $6 at lunchtime today.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/b6651dc5-6 ... b639883fad

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:51 am

DBTrek wrote:I eat whole foods most of the time, Keto or not. I didn’t used to, but when you marry a former athlete and certified personal chef they convert you pretty quick. Once I became acquainted with buying and eating real food I was shocked by how bad our society is at emphasizing good diet.

There seems to be this idea that fast food is cheaper, and therefore it’s expected for the young, poor, and elderly to eat it all the time due to their limited budgets. That’s crazy. The local market sells an entire baked chicken for $5 if you wait 6 hours. A McFatty meal will run you at least $7. Eating healthier is better for you AND cheaper once you learn how to eat.

But my relatives still pull up the the Wendy’s drive through on the daily because they’re “so busy” or “they only have a few bucks”. It’s not doing them any favors.

Yeah, a tight budget did more to push me towards eating whole foods most of the time than anything. But then I noticed the more rapid change in body composition.

What people don't seem to acknowledge is the impact of all the micronutrients in the various meats and vegetables that are not present in processed foods. Quite a lot of people are only focused on macros if they worry about nutrition at all, and that's not even the more important factor.

The way to solve the time issue is with meal prepping. You can prep most of your meals every few days if you have to. You don't even have to cook it all at once, but just spend a few hours getting the ingredients together for all the meals over the next few days, washing and cutting the veggies, etc. Just put everything in containers and store them in the fridge. Most of the smaller meals you eat during the day you could cook, though I just cook one meal for the entire day on that day and divide it into two portions if I go to the gym. Otherwise, just eat one big meal a day.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:53 am

I stopped processed sugar and sweet foods yet kept some carbs like wheat toast here and there and tortillas and dropped body fat at a keto-like rate. I also went down to two meals a day and kept those small as well

This has been since Ash Wednesday as I gave up sweets for Lent.

Whole foods and portion control is really the key
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:24 am

For me just confining my eating within a window works pretty well, since it limits my ability to eat garbage.

Although a recent health scare might mean I have to drastically limit fats I think. I still have to wait for an echocardiogram, but it's pretty fucked.