Veganism

Speaker to Animals

Veganism

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:20 pm

Just kidding. This is about the Carnivore Diet.

Seems pretty crazy. What do you guys think?

If he said his lifts didn't suffer from lack of carbs, I guess it's possible.

If you did this, I would add milk to it. That's actually pretty close to the ancestral diet of our people (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaker_culture)

Speaker to Animals

Re: Veganism

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Vegans are losing their shit in the comment section.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:37 pm

This is the guy promoting the carnivore diet the most:

If you are looking to be in ketosis, I can't imagine a better way to get there than eating only meat.

Would be good to alternate between lots of fish and meat, though. Fish has the omega 3 in abundance (as long as it's not farmed fish), which is actually almost as important as protein intake for hypertrophy optimization.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 am

I agree on milk. Can't imagine a life without cheese. I could get by on fish, meat and milk. I don't know if it is sustainable if a majority of people did it though. Perhaps when we finally get that lab-grown meat they keep promising us.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:16 am

They apparently now can make lab-grown foie gras at a price just 30% over the real thing. It helps that it's an ultra expensive food as it is and that liver cells are easier to grow than muscle cells without animal-based blood serum. It's a good first step. I think a lot of people might buy it just because it doesn't involve force-feeding geese.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -foie-gras

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:36 am

Well, someone has to help out out our vegan friends, what with this being the Veganism thread and all:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:44 am

Honestly, this carnivore diet stuff reminds me of vegan logic. They have nice circular little answers for why you don't need to eat vegetables, and they dismiss all the evidence that eating vegetables prolongs your life.

The whole thing reminds me of the silliness of veganism minus the religious nature of vegananism (and the virtue signaling).

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:59 am

I'm on ~ day 10 of cavemanning it. My veggies are freaking delicious. For lunch today, I had what I think was the best salad I've ever had in my life. Nothing special, just the stuff from the salad bar in the deli downstairs, all fresh with almonds thrown in and some olive oil and good sour vinegar on top.

The salmon I grilled yesterday afternoon was as good as any I've ever had. Again, nothing fancy, it just tasted great and made me happy.

I think it's just getting rid of the breads, sugars, and shit out of packages or through a drive-through window, that is making the food seem so much better, honestly. Chicken and asparagus tonight.

My shoulder is just about right enough for me to start thinking of breaking out my Rippetoe book later this week. Gotta get in shape for turkey season. :goteam: :drunk:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:09 pm

Our new favorite Internet degenerate had something salient to say about veganism.

That Nazi dog is so damned cute.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Our new favorite Internet degenerate had something salient to say about veganism.

That Nazi dog is so damned cute.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751